Main Menu

Did I Miss Something?

Started by ColonelJack, May 24, 2007, 10:44:43 PM

Smokey

I do agree we are sorely lacking in leadership.  We have no idea where the organization is headed because our leaders have not told us. We have no idea when we will get there nor how long it may take. At least Columbus had a plan.....he may have run into an obstacle (America) on his way to India....but his crew, sailing partners and even Queen Isabella knew where he was headed.

We will never know if we have reached our destination.

And right now the so called leadership (Wing & Region CC) are so scared they will be the next one on the chopping block, that they are paralyzed into inaction.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Westernslope

Doesn't Col Rushing become the 4th SER Commander in the last 2-3 years?

He is a good guy. I wish him well.

BillB

I know for a fact the Col Levitch does not own any Vanguard stock. He sold his Vanguard stock to some guy named Major John Kach something or another.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JC004

Quote from: BillB on May 28, 2007, 12:18:47 AM
I know for a fact the Col Levitch does not own any Vanguard stock. He sold his Vanguard stock to some guy named Major John Kach sothing or another.

Kach?!  NOOOOOOO!  ::CRIES::

Well, we must seek the truth!  Onward!

ZigZag911

Quote from: caphistorian on May 27, 2007, 09:49:15 PM
Colonel Levitch resigned due to work. He works for (BellSouth) in the management level. The company was recently purchased by ATT. He is a state level manager wih alot of work to do during the transitions. He resigned because " He could not give CAP and Southeast Region 100%" so he felt it would be better to step down and let someone who could devote the time to it take over".

This accounts for his moving on, and perhaps some of the other many high level command changes over the past several years.....but there have been instances where politics and personalities played a large role in these events....and the organization as a whole would benefit greatly from more continuity and stability.

It is interesting to note, in this context, how infrequently a vice commander or chief of staff accedes to command....far more often it has been an individual with little or no command experience/

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: BillB on May 28, 2007, 12:18:47 AM
I know for a fact the Col Levitch does not own any Vanguard stock. He sold his Vanguard stock to some guy named Major John Kach something or another.

Don't even TRY this!

One, even I wouldn't own Vanguard stock, and two...

If Levitch had any, he'd give it away to the Hare Krishnas before he'd sell it to me.

I have nothing against Levitch, but for some reason he has nothing good to say about me.  Oh, well... life goes on.
Another former CAP officer

JC004

Quote from: ELTHunter on May 27, 2007, 02:20:14 PM
Quote from: JC004 on May 27, 2007, 02:11:40 PM
Leadership ability and vision are what matter when you get down to it.  Alas, silly uniform changes are more fun!

Poor leaders/managers bypass the hard things because they are....well, hard.  Either that, or they don't know what to do about the hard things.  So they "manage" the little things like uniform changes because that's easy.

Leadership seems hard to find now days, at many levels.  Maybe CAP is a microcosm of our larger society.  Generally speaking, we have few leaders left.  Most political leaders look out for their own political ambitions.  Business leaders look out for their bonus's, etc.  Maybe CAP is no different.

On the subject of vision and all, I thought these SECAF Goal Cards were pretty interesting...

http://www.af.mil/specials/goals/goalcard.html

mikeylikey

Quote from: JC004 on May 28, 2007, 04:53:42 PM
Quote from: ELTHunter on May 27, 2007, 02:20:14 PM
Quote from: JC004 on May 27, 2007, 02:11:40 PM
Leadership ability and vision are what matter when you get down to it.  Alas, silly uniform changes are more fun!

Poor leaders/managers bypass the hard things because they are....well, hard.  Either that, or they don't know what to do about the hard things.  So they "manage" the little things like uniform changes because that's easy.

Leadership seems hard to find now days, at many levels.  Maybe CAP is a microcosm of our larger society.  Generally speaking, we have few leaders left.  Most political leaders look out for their own political ambitions.  Business leaders look out for their bonus's, etc.  Maybe CAP is no different.

On the subject of vision and all, I thought these SECAF Goal Cards were pretty interesting...

http://www.af.mil/specials/goals/goalcard.html

Ummmm........"Open, Transparent Business Practices; Clean Audit",  To bad CAP can't adopt that one.  I seriously doubt they could ever achieve that!
What's up monkeys?

ELTHunter

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 28, 2007, 08:27:47 PM
Ummmm........"Open, Transparent Business Practices; Clean Audit",  To bad CAP can't adopt that one.  I seriously doubt they could ever achieve that!

Apparently, the "clean audit" goal is being embraced by CAP with the Wing Banker program.  Although I am not quite sure what a "clean audit" does for CAP.  Boy Scout units handle their own finances, and I don't see them changing that.

Other than being able to say that we have an unqualified audit, what does the WBP do for CAP?
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

CAP Producer

Quote from: ELTHunter on May 28, 2007, 11:15:01 PM

Apparently, the "clean audit" goal is being embraced by CAP with the Wing Banker program.  Although I am not quite sure what a "clean audit" does for CAP.  Boy Scout units handle their own finances, and I don't see them changing that.

Other than being able to say that we have an unqualified audit, what does the WBP do for CAP?

That's because Scouting untis are owned by the chartering organization (church, school etc...). CAP units are owned by CAP.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

ELTHunter

Quote from: MNWG/PA on May 28, 2007, 11:21:13 PM

That's because Scouting units are owned by the chartering organization (church, school etc...). CAP units are owned by CAP.

Either way, I don't see any money flowing back down to the local unit.  Instead of a local member handling the checking account at a local bank, a paid staffer is spending time (time they probably don't have in the first place) doing it and using a bank remote from the local unit.

This kinda drifted off topic......sorry.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

JC004

What it does is put us in a position to seek funding of large funders who require that.