Main Menu

Did I Miss Something?

Started by ColonelJack, May 24, 2007, 10:44:43 PM

lordmonar

Why does every change in personnel have to be part of some great conspiracy or cover up.

I mean a lot of people in CAP have 2nd Jobs that.....let's all take a deep breath here....sometimes take precedence over our CAP careers.

Seeing as how this is sometimes a very personal decision...I don't see why everyone and his brother needs to be in the loop during the decision making process. 

This is not like a Presidential Campaign where you announce you may be thinking about the possibility of forming a focus group.....before you commit yourself to actually considering forming a group to see if you may run.

Some jobs may promote you out of the blue and bam!  You no longer have the extra 40 hours a week it takes to be a regional commander.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

Quote from: flyguy06 on May 25, 2007, 03:42:32 AM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 25, 2007, 01:27:31 AM
Quote from: flyguy06 on May 25, 2007, 12:30:33 AM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 25, 2007, 12:23:42 AM
Stacking the deck with who?  Levich and Pineda are Compadres .

I knew nothing of this change, and neither did my Group CC.

Well, its not in your reagion wouldnt expect you to know about until its put out natiaonally Me onthe other hand, the is my direct chain of command

Florida is not in the Southeast Region?  Man!  There HAVE been some changes!

I didnt know you were in FL. How would Iknow that?

Well, two ways. It's in his profile, and he has made mention of his location in many posts. RTFM.  :o
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Ladyhawk

For what it's worth, News of the Force has a different explanation for Col Levitch's resignation - "Testgate."  See the following link for more details:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewsoftheForce/message/5106

The specific topic is about halfway down the page.

capchiro

In response to lordmanor, not every decision has to be a conspiracy theory, but as long as CAP does not have the decency to announce to anyone involved in a change in their chain of command (of the person being removed and/or stepping down), it would appear that there is a conspiracy or something going on that all are not privy to.  The chain of command is to be highly visible and any change of command should not require a "secret" change, but one with announcements to all in the chain, above and below.  This is just common courtesy and shows respect for those above and below the individual.  After all, stepping down for business or personal reasons is not a decision usually made overnight or with such great urgency that proper protocol can't be followed.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

sparks

The reason every high level change is scrutinized closely is due to TP's habit of removing commanders to further his own agenda. On occasion a resignation is just that and nothing else. It can be hard to tell them appart. Recall that "Rex" originally resigned CAP because of his sick parents. Eventually it was discovered that there was more to his resignation than sick parents. Ergo the skepticism, also it's more entertaining to kibitz.

BillB

With Bellsouth combining with ATT, Col Levitch's work load has increased with the transition is ongoing. While there may be other reeasons for the resignation, basically his time to devote to CAP has decreased. I think that while the decision was arrived at rather quickly, it was not part of any behind the back conspiracy, but a valid problem of time managament.
Col Levitch had already made the decision not to run for National Vice Commander a few weeks ago. So it was the time managament problem that brought about the resignation.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Sgt. Savage

I would think that, like in most cases, that a change of command would be handled in a more formal manner. Even when "work load" increases, you can hang for a couple of weeks until you can conduct a formal change of command. This is much more like a force out than a change of command.

That having been said, this IS the CAP. Weird crap happens here all the time.

RiverAux

Quote from: capchiro on May 25, 2007, 10:36:49 AM
In response to lordmanor, not every decision has to be a conspiracy theory, but as long as CAP does not have the decency to announce to anyone involved in a change in their chain of command (of the person being removed and/or stepping down), it would appear that there is a conspiracy or something going on that all are not privy to.  The chain of command is to be highly visible and any change of command should not require a "secret" change, but one with announcements to all in the chain, above and below.  This is just common courtesy and shows respect for those above and below the individual.  After all, stepping down for business or personal reasons is not a decision usually made overnight or with such great urgency that proper protocol can't be followed.

Give me a break.  Seems to me that it was announced to everybody and put on the SER web page within a day or two of it happening.  That is pretty prompt in my book.  After all, 99.9% of the members of a Region have no interaction with the Region Commander and won't be left hanging if they have to wait a day or two to hear about the change.  Heck, when it comes down to it, I don't think the majority of senior members even know who their Region Commander is unless he happens to come from their own state.  Cadets probably do since they have to memorize the chain of command. 

flyguy06

Quote from: lordmonar on May 25, 2007, 04:31:58 AM
Why does every change in personnel have to be part of some great conspiracy or cover up.

I mean a lot of people in CAP have 2nd Jobs that.....let's all take a deep breath here....sometimes take precedence over our CAP careers.

Seeing as how this is sometimes a very personal decision...I don't see why everyone and his brother needs to be in the loop during the decision making process. 

This is not like a Presidential Campaign where you announce you may be thinking about the possibility of forming a focus group.....before you commit yourself to actually considering forming a group to see if you may run.

Some jobs may promote you out of the blue and bam!  You no longer have the extra 40 hours a week it takes to be a regional commander.

I agree

flyguy06

Quote from: SarDragon on May 25, 2007, 07:49:56 AM

Well, its not in your reagion wouldnt expect you to know about until its put out natiaonally Me onthe other hand, the is my direct chain of command

Well, two ways. It's in his profile, and he has made mention of his location in many posts. RTFM.  :o

Ok, and I dont read everybody's profile on here. I come on read posts, maybe post myself and leave.

flyguy06

Quote from: capchiro on May 25, 2007, 10:36:49 AM
I agree with that as well

JC004

I think that I've figured it out.  Pineda isn't stacking the deck or firing people who he doesn't like...

He is ACTUALLY punishing people by making them the commander of something.  I mean, who in their right mind wants to be a wing/region commander?  All that hassle...all the blame?

Found in eServices, BTW:

New SER Region CC
25 May 2007
COLONEL JAMES M. RUSHING has been appointed SOUTHEAST REGION COMMANDER, effective 23 May 2007.

New NM Wing CC
25 May 2007
LIEUTENANT COLONEL RICHARD F. HIMEBROOK has been appointed INTERIM COMMANDER OF THE NEW MEXICO WING, effective May 21, 2007.

stillamarine

Quote from: flyguy06 on May 25, 2007, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 25, 2007, 07:49:56 AM

Ok, and I dont read everybody's profile on here. I come on read posts, maybe post myself and leave.

In that case....following the advice of my old Gunny, Never Assume.....because you can only accomplish one thing by that. 

If you did not know where he was from then why would you say he's not in your region?
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Sgt. Savage

I think we may be illustrating another point here. It's about time for our leadership to start taking steps to stabilize the organization and promote confidence in decision making. If we were all satisfied that the entire organization was being run in a proper and open manner, we wouldn't be having this "conversation". Fact is, everyones a little uneasy these days.

JMHO

JC004

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on May 27, 2007, 01:57:44 PM
I think we may be illustrating another point here. It's about time for our leadership to start taking steps to stabilize the organization and promote confidence in decision making. If we were all satisfied that the entire organization was being run in a proper and open manner, we wouldn't be having this "conversation". Fact is, everyones a little uneasy these days.

JMHO

Yes.   :)

Leadership ability and vision are what matter when you get down to it.  Alas, silly uniform changes are more fun!

ELTHunter

Quote from: JC004 on May 27, 2007, 02:11:40 PM
Leadership ability and vision are what matter when you get down to it.  Alas, silly uniform changes are more fun!

Poor leaders/managers bypass the hard things because they are....well, hard.  Either that, or they don't know what to do about the hard things.  So they "manage" the little things like uniform changes because that's easy.

Leadership seems hard to find now days, at many levels.  Maybe CAP is a microcosm of our larger society.  Generally speaking, we have few leaders left.  Most political leaders look out for their own political ambitions.  Business leaders look out for their bonus's, etc.  Maybe CAP is no different.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

JC004

Quote from: ELTHunter on May 27, 2007, 02:20:14 PM
Quote from: JC004 on May 27, 2007, 02:11:40 PM

Poor leaders/managers bypass the hard things because they are....well, hard.  Either that, or they don't know what to do about the hard things.  So they "manage" the little things like uniform changes because that's easy.

Leadership seems hard to find now days, at many levels.  Maybe CAP is a microcosm of our larger society.  Generally speaking, we have few leaders left.  Most political leaders look out for their own political ambitions.  Business leaders look out for their bonus's, etc.  Maybe CAP is no different.

How about instead of changing nametags, we change various leaders?   >:D

Perhaps the word has lost some meaning...For instance, political commercials that often talk about leadership.  Do most of those people even know the first thing about it?  Probably not.

Strong leaders set a vision and change the culture of an organization.  That's what we need.  Perhaps we can send the black van to kidnap some of the remaining good leaders from various corporations.

ZigZag911

Sgt Savage has a valid point....we need stability, and a sense of security within CAP...last summer there was so much concern about extended terms for wing CCs....but it's a rare wing commander that serves a full four year term, let alone getting extra time tacked on (would that be for good behavior, or bad?!?)

James Shaw

Colonel Levitch resigned due to work. He works for (BellSouth) in the management level. The company was recently purchased by ATT. He is a state level manager wih alot of work to do during the transitions. He resigned because " He could not give CAP and Southeast Region 100%" so he felt it would be better to step down and let someone who could devote the time to it take over".
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

JC004

Quote from: caphistorian on May 27, 2007, 09:49:15 PM
Colonel Levitch resigned due to work. He works for (BellSouth) in the management level. The company was recently purchased by ATT. He is a state level manager wih alot of work to do during the transitions. He resigned because " He could not give CAP and Southeast Region 100%" so he felt it would be better to step down and let someone who could devote the time to it take over".

I've always held that if you can't do your job for whatever reason, it's your obligation to resign.  However, hatching conspiracy theories is soooo much more fun.   :o  Plus, NOTF needs material, right?   >:D  Here, let me hatch something...According to sources, Levitch resigned because it was discovered that he owned a big piece o' Vanguard.  It's all Pineda's fault because, well, I haven't come up with that part yet...