Quote from: PHall on June 20, 2016, 04:38:44 PM
Quote from: stillamarine on June 20, 2016, 03:54:31 PM
Quote from: PHall on June 20, 2016, 02:39:22 PM
Quote from: stillamarine on June 20, 2016, 01:59:42 PM
Quote from: PHall on June 20, 2016, 04:19:40 AM
Quote from: DoubleSecret on June 20, 2016, 03:04:20 AM
Quote from: RNOfficer on June 20, 2016, 12:53:21 AM
Quote from: audiododd on June 19, 2016, 02:22:28 AM
I hope they clarify the wear instructions for the ABUs in regards to starch/iron. The Air Force doesn't allow starching. You can press it, but you can't press creases into it. I hope CAP comes up with something like that. I've seen BDUs so starched down they might as well be a dress uniform.

Starch makes a cotton uniform non-breathable, which defeats the purpose of a field uniform.

I was in the USMC, which is somewhat known for its concern for uniform sharpness. It was a court-martial offense to starch or dry clean the utility uniform.

Just curious ... are there any published cases where someone was tried by court-martial for starching or dry cleaning their utility uniform?

I doubt very seriously that anybody actually was court-martialled. But I have no doubt who-so-ever that Marines have received NJP, aka Article 15's for this.
Marines hand out NJP like it's candy.

Although I agree on the handing out office hours like candy (In my time you weren't a real Marine til you had at least one) but I doubt anyone got it for this reason.

Staff Sergeant and the First Sergeant may have a differing opinion! >:D

I was a SSGT. There were other ways for me to deal with a mope that didn't have a squared away uniform. And it was taken care of before First Sergeant saw it....

I thought that First Sergeants were omnipresent. They saw everything! >:D
Not if you have a good SSGT.  >:D
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

RNOfficer

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on June 19, 2016, 02:51:57 AM
That feeling, of actually wanting to have starched field uniforms and spit-shined boots runs deep on some...

I have seen photos of US Army soldiers in 1939-1940s where they actually wore ties to the field.

Those guys want to impress...

With their work dress...

Patton was infamous for fining doggies caught without their neckties even in combat areas. As is well known, the only way to escape c-t is to be well forward where mission and survival trump all.(former USMC Vietnam)

grunt82abn

Quote from: RNOfficer on June 22, 2016, 02:10:16 AM
Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on June 19, 2016, 02:51:57 AM
That feeling, of actually wanting to have starched field uniforms and spit-shined boots runs deep on some...

I have seen photos of US Army soldiers in 1939-1940s where they actually wore ties to the field.

Those guys want to impress...

With their work dress...

Patton was infamous for fining doggies caught without their neckties even in combat areas. As is well known, the only way to escape c-t is to be well forward where mission and survival trump all.(former USMC Vietnam)

In the 82nd ABN, we had two sets of BDU's, one for the field and one starched and spit shined for garrison. That all changed with suede boots and ACUs. Thank you for your service, you guys set the standards for my generation!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

8416w

I just received notification that my order has shipped from Vanguard. Since the website does not have pictures of the new badges, I am curious to see if they improved their embroidery.