Has Anyone Received The New ABU's?

Started by JAFO78, June 06, 2016, 12:10:02 AM

Chappie

Silly me...and I thought it was February 31 of this year.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

JeffDG

Майор Хаткевич

It will be interesting when the things start arriving. Hopefully at least some sets can be available as "extra", so SMs (assuming there's not enough) can try them on to figure out sizing.

THRAWN

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on June 08, 2016, 04:28:04 PM
It will be interesting when the things start arriving. Hopefully at least some sets can be available as "extra", so SMs (assuming there's not enough) can try them on to figure out sizing.

This would be a good idea. The sizing is completely different than the BDU. By way of example, I'm generally a large/long. The ABU makes me want to go on a crash diet...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: THRAWN on June 08, 2016, 04:40:42 PM

This would be a good idea. The sizing is completely different than the BDU. By way of example, I'm generally a large/long. The ABU makes me want to go on a crash diet...

No crash diets necessary. CICO (cals in, cals out), make sure your protein, fat, carb intake is not skewed, get something like MyFitnessPal, and give it a few weeks to start seeing results. 38 Pounds down since December, with 18 of those since April 1st (when I started tracking in MFP).

grunt82abn

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on June 08, 2016, 04:43:14 PM

Great Job!!! Keep up the healthy habits!!!

No crash diets necessary. CICO (cals in, cals out), make sure your protein, fat, carb intake is not skewed, get something like MyFitnessPal, and give it a few weeks to start seeing results. 38 Pounds down since December, with 18 of those since April 1st (when I started tracking in MFP).
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

Майор Хаткевич

Thanks. 24 more to go until I meet CAP H/W standards. If I was 3-4 inches taller, I'd be there, but seems like losing the weight is more likely than growing taller. :)

winterg

13 more to go for me for H/W.

Didn't we have a fitness thread here at one point? What about a Fitbit group? Anyone interested?

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: winterg on June 08, 2016, 04:52:28 PM
13 more to go for me for H/W.

Didn't we have a fitness thread here at one point? What about a Fitbit group? Anyone interested?

I remember those weight loss challenges from years ago. Might be a fun thing to start again? Do it on 15 June to coincide with the ABUs? :)

No fitbit here...got my olde Microsoft Band, but it's on it's last legs, and Microsoft butchered the app, so I uninstalled it yesterday as it was draining my phone battery in hours.

winterg

Maybe a CapTalk President's Challenge group?

THRAWN

Way ahead of you, but great advice. Bridey and I have totally revamped what and how we eat, as well as what we do in our recreation time. It's made a big change. 38 pounds is awesome. That'd get me to my wrestling weight in 10th grade...
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

THRAWN

Quote from: winterg on June 08, 2016, 04:55:53 PM

This came up before and I'm all for it. If we can get a show of hands, I'd be willing to get us started with the paperwork...
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

winterg

Quote from: THRAWN on June 08, 2016, 04:57:12 PM

This came up before and I'm all for it. If we can get a show of hands, I'd be willing to get us started with the paperwork...
I'll start a thread for interest so we don't hijack this one. 

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: THRAWN on June 08, 2016, 04:56:03 PM

Way ahead of you, but great advice. Bridey and I have totally revamped what and how we eat, as well as what we do in our recreation time. It's made a big change. 38 pounds is awesome. That'd get me to my wrestling weight in 10th grade...

That's great. It's amazing what changing food habits can do. Dropping my sugar and cream from coffee alone has been a big help. Combine normal eating with some exersize, and things really start to change (albeit might slow down the weight "loss"). Wish there was a way to check muscle mass gain, as I've noticed a lot of changes in how things look and feel beyond just the number on the scale.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: winterg on June 08, 2016, 04:58:03 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on June 08, 2016, 04:57:12 PM

I'll start a thread for interest so we don't hijack this one. 

Agreed. Maybe mods can move the posts over as well.

Eclipse

Quote from: Chappie on June 08, 2016, 01:54:10 PM
Silly me...and I thought it was February 31 of this year.

Non-altered photo of the clock in my car a few months ago...

"That Others May Zoom"