Has Anyone Received The New ABU's?

Started by JAFO78, June 06, 2016, 12:10:02 AM

JAFO78

Tomorrow it will be a month since HQ announced that CAP was going to the ABU's.
Has any Wing or Squadron received any so far?
I know we must wait until the 15th to wear them.
JAFO

Laplace

Our Wing LG contacted all of our units last week requesting size information.  No idea when they will arrive, but positive it will NOT be by June 15th.   

Anyone know where these are coming from?  Nearest AFB?

Luis R. Ramos

Cool down... Chill... Hold your horses...

If we are not expected to start using them until 15 June, there is NO WAY any unit would have received them yet...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

etodd

Quote from: RobG on June 06, 2016, 12:10:02 AM
Tomorrow it will be a month ......

A month out of a FIVE YEAR transition period.

The water never seems to boil while you watch it on the stove.  Move along, work on other projects, and wait until you hear the steam. LOL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

JAFO78

Gentlemen, It was just a simple question to gauge progress so far.  No need for hostility. I understand the Military is well known for hurry up and wait.
JAFO

etodd

Quote from: RobG on June 06, 2016, 02:38:51 AM
Gentlemen, It was just a simple question to gauge progress so far.  No need for hostility. I understand the Military is well known for hurry up and wait.

No hostility. Notice my LOL at the end. I was laughing as I wrote it. The whole uniform discussions (hundreds of threads over the years) amuse me. ;)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

JAFO78

Word I received today was our wing has until 1 August to pick up there ABU's. From what location I don't know. At lest its movement.
JAFO

RogueLeader

Wyoming Wing currently has them in hand.  I know that some units within the Wing have already gotten sizing requests into Wing already.. Distribution to the Squadrons at Wing Conference?  I don't know, but it would make sense.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

vento

We have some time to work on the issues in California, members of CAWG are not allowed to wear the ABU until 15 August 2016.  :angel:

Eclipse

Quote from: vento on June 06, 2016, 07:40:30 PM
We have some time to work on the issues in California, members of CAWG are not allowed to wear the ABU until 15 August 2016.

And based on hearsay and posts here, aren't allowed to wear it at all for actual ES.

Nice.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on June 06, 2016, 07:55:53 PM
We have some time to work on the issues in California, members of CAWG are not allowed to wear the ABU until 15 August 2016.

And based on hearsay and posts here, aren't allowed to wear it at all for actual ES.

Nice.

Cite please.  I must have missed it.  I know some are excluding it from this years encampment, but that's a far cry from ES.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

vento

Nice.

Eclipse, what the heck is wrong with you? I am simply stating the fact that in CAWG we have sometime to work out the issues. Not a hearsay or whatever you think. Below is an e-mail that every member of CAWG received. Not that I need to prove you being wrong in accusing people at random, but I need to clarify it is not a hearsay. Geez!

Members of California Wing,

on 4 May 2016 Major General Joseph R. Vazquez, our National Commander issued a memorandum to all CAP members announcing the Air Force approved Civil Air Patrol's request to transition to the Airman Battle Uniform (ABUs). The phase in date will be 15 June 16. Also stated is Vanguard, the official CAP uniform insignia supplier, will start accepting orders for the new devices on the same date, 15 June 16. This will take some time for orders to be processed and shipped. Therefore, California Wing will have a phase in date of 15 AUGUST 16 for the new ABUs and if you have already purchased them, they will NOT be worn at any CAP function until after that date. Also, National Headquarters staff is working with the Air Force to obtain excess ABUs for CAP. As we receive information on this, we will pass it on.

The proper wear instructions are attached to the memorandum and will be implemented into 39-1 probably within the next three months. 

I have asked each Group CC to contact their respective squadron CC's and select a person to be in charge of uniforms and assisting members in the proper wear and placement of insignia for the ABU's. The ABU's are Air Force style uniforms. Height, weight and grooming standards are to be adhered to at all times. No exceptions.

I will be the contact for CAWG. If you have any questions, please e mail me or call. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Please do not call National Headquarters to inquire or complain. Not professional. Please follow the chain of Command within the Wing.

GC

Lt Col Gregory P. Chase, CAP
California Wing Vice Commander
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary
GoCivilAirPatrol.com
cawg.cap.org

abdsp51

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 06, 2016, 08:16:00 PM

Nice.

Cite please.  I must have missed it.  I know some are excluding it from this years encampment, but that's a far cry from ES.

This could in reference to the CAWG specific ground team uniform that was done for awhile. 

RogueLeader

Then that wouldn't be at all then.  I'm not nitpicking at you, just Eclipse. ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: abdsp51 on June 06, 2016, 08:21:13 PM
This could in reference to the CAWG specific ground team uniform that was done for awhile.

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 06, 2016, 08:31:11 PM
Then that wouldn't be at all then.  I'm not nitpicking at you, just Eclipse. ;)

Correct, is this not a "thing" any more?

Hopefully the delayed implementation is being made clear to those participating in NCSAs and
similar activities within CAWG that fall after 15 June and have participants from outside the wing?

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

^^^  (above) Why are you quoting your own words using my name? And while my comment was on subject about ABU and its availability, you wanted to switch it to the now canceled CAWG GT uniform, that is fine. What is not fine is to say in the open that people are posting hearsay and try to defend it in a funny way. 

Nice.

Eclipse

Broken quote, now fixed.  I hit "modify" instead of "quote".

In the context of this conversation, when someone says CAWG is making up their own rules (again) about
the wear of the uniform in the thread, that's a legit question.

Quote from: vento on June 06, 2016, 08:51:51 PMWhat is not fine is to say in the open that people are posting hearsay

3/4 of the content on this site is hearsay.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Bob, the CAWG GT uniform has been gone for almost a year. If it's so important to you, you should work harder on keeping up. As for a general prohibition on wearing BDUs/BBDUs for ES, you got that wrong, too. Just the ground teams had the orange shirts. Everyone else doing ES could wear a normal working uniform.

[there, I've finally got it right]
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Storm Chaser

How did CAWG get to approve their own GT uniform in a complete departure of CAPM 39-1? I always thought that was strange, especially since CAPM 39-1 doesn't have any provisions for this type of wing-specific uniform.

lordmonar

Old school politics and disinterest to keep the wings in check.   Same story for the hawk mountain bling for the longest time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP