Need help choosing between 2 NCSA's

Started by Watertrap1, April 06, 2016, 02:34:33 AM

Watertrap1

Hey guys, I'm in a little bit of a pickle here. I'm not sure how your squadrons do this, but mine heavily stresses that Cadets only attend one NCSA, so as to free up space for other Cadets who might not ever get the opportunity. The two that I am a primary for would be the MKS Business Academy and E-Tech at Pendleton, the latter being $400 dollars cheaper. Money is definitely an issue too, and my dad is kind of upset how we have less than a month to come up with a couple hundred dollars. Can anyone with prior experience vouch for any of the programs? I've looked online for reviews and couldn't find any. 
C/TSgt Matthew Pinna
New York Wing

dwb

Neither of those NCSAs have exceptionally long alternate lists, and there's no regulation prohibiting you from attending two in a year.

If you can only afford one, pick the one you're more interested in. Pretty much every NCSA is going to be a great experience.

MSG Mac

Since money is a factor, go to the less expensive or see if there are alternative sources for funding (AL, AFA, VFW) or get a job to make up the difference. as far need to get the fees in within as month, you knew that in the instructions on the application.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Storm Chaser

I agree. If money is a factor, either pick the less expensive one (make sure you factor airfare) or, if you can afford it, the one you're interested the most.

Frankly, if you can manage to find money for both, there's nothing preventing you from doing so. Once you're approved and slotted, you're authorized to attend. And there are ways to get the money such as fundraisers, asking for donations, getting a part-time job, or doing odd jobs (mowing lawns, washing cars, etc.). If you want it really bad, there's always a way. Good luck!