Odds at a primary slot/what activities don't fill?

Started by xray328, March 28, 2016, 09:38:54 PM

xray328

My daughters an alternate for both activities she applied for (cyber and robotics).  We're trying to figure out her odds of getting a slot and just wondering, on average, what percentage of cadets don't commit to their slots (for these and all other activities).

Are there any activities that typically don't fill that she should consider?

Thanks.

lordmonar

No way to figure odds.

Alternates are just that.  As the primaries drop out for one reason or another they call out the alternates.

Some times none of the primes drop.....sometimes 50% of them do.   There just is no telling.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

xray328

xray328

Kinda surprised about cyber though, thought AF was pushing that pretty hard to the point of not turning them away. I guess there's only so much room though.

Гугл переводчик

I'm kind of confused on what happened to me. My application was subitted, approved by the folks that needed to, and I even received phone calls from those particular NCSAS. Now my status is application incomplete and I'm pretty confused.
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

xray328

Does that maybe mean primary but incomplete because you need to send payment still?  Totally guessing.

RogueLeader

Is there any supplemental information that needs to be submitted yet?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MSG Mac

If your activity required extra paperwork, fees, or a copy of your passport you should send it in right away. Check the NCSA page and it will show you what you should have provided. or call the NCSA contact. If ALL THE PAPERWORK is not submitted by the deadline, you will be dropped for an alternate.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

abdsp51

This reminds of when I had a cadet overseas who's dad wanted us to green light his cadet to get into a NCSA.  Recalculated the numbers and the cadet's points weren't as high as what he thought.  Plus he was in the process of PCSing as well. 

Long story short the cadet was slotted as an alternate and just needed to wait things out.

Be patient she may get a slot, she may not if not there is always next year.

PHall

The one activity where a Alternate stands a really good chance of going seems to be Blue Beret.
They seem to almost exhaust their Alternate list every year.

xray328

Good to hear, our sons on that alternate list. He was really looking forward to that.

Our daughter's looking at possibly applying for staff at summer encampment if robotics doesn't pan out. There's also the GLR E-Tech week.  Heaven forbid she has free time and can't find a CAP activity to fill it with [emoji5]

Гугл переводчик

Turns out i needed to upload another CAP resume... and after much anticipation and many phone calls received... I was chosen as alternate for every event I picked. Oh well.

Side note, thanks for helping me figure out what was wrong everyone!
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

MSG Mac

Importance of meeting deadlines. Probably would have been a Primary if all the paperwork was submitted.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Гугл переводчик

Quote from: MSG Mac on March 29, 2016, 01:51:57 PM
Importance of meeting deadlines. Probably would have been a Primary if all the paperwork was submitted.

I'd agree, but this is the third time I've submitted the same info, which is why I was confused in the first place.
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF