Main Menu

MA Wing Conference

Started by KatherineAnn, March 19, 2016, 05:16:49 PM

KatherineAnn

Anybody else going to the MAWG conference this year? It's in a couple weeks and I've never been to a wing conference. I've been in CAP 10 years and somehow managed to never get roped into one, but it looks interesting!
1st Lt Katherine A. Gamble, CAP, USAF
Deputy Commander of Cadets, Pilgrim Composite Squadron

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I expect to be there part of Saturday for an IG session and meeting of the NER IGs.

NER CC

Looking forward to attending the joint MAWG / NER Conference.
Col Dan Leclair

SMWOG

I have been to many conferences and some that lacked good content. Its the people that make a good conference. I have always found that the most positive. ppl attend these events and it makes for a good time. Have fun and share ideas!

Chappie

Quote from: SMWOG on March 20, 2016, 04:17:40 PM
I have been to many conferences and some that lacked good content. Its the people that make a good conference. I have always found that the most positive. ppl attend these events and it makes for a good time. Have fun and share ideas!

I've attended the CAWG and PCR Conferences since 1999 -- and they are very well planned.  The locations are good, the workshops are informative, general assembly and banquet well executed, but the networking between members is priceless.  And the same can be said about the National Conference (though 2014 Las Vegas hotel was a bit disappointing as for food/restaurants and the large meeting area left much to be desired).

I would encourage all members to attend wing/region/national conferences since they give a bigger picture of what is taking place in CAP beyond the local unit.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

SMWOG

Always good to get out of your own backyard. and meet your neighbours.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

BFreemanMA

I'll be there! A few of my members are on the conference committee and have been working VERY hard to produce a high-quality event. Looking forward to  being there!
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

Angus

I'll be there! Always a fun time at the MAWG conference.  Been a few years since I've been, I'll be there just till after the break outs, I won't be staying for the banquet. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Майор Хаткевич

I went to my 3rd conference this past weekend, and greatly enjoyed my time. I got to meet Major Davalos of MIWG, and he did an excellent presentation on the Cadet Great Start, as well as his personal approach to it. Nin even came up in conversation, as pipelining and GS go hand in hand.

I got to see a new wing commander get sworn in, and spent probably an hour or so talking to MY wing commander one on one, on a number of issues, where he wanted to know my opinion and thoughts, and we had talked about a number of excellent topics and issues facing CAP, our wing, and the program in general.

Probably the most fun I had, and actually got to learn something. An excellent time!

NIN

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 21, 2016, 04:59:31 PM
I went to my 3rd conference this past weekend, and greatly enjoyed my time. I got to meet Major Davalos of MIWG, and he did an excellent presentation on the Cadet Great Start, as well as his personal approach to it. Nin even came up in conversation, as pipelining and GS go hand in hand.

I got to see a new wing commander get sworn in, and spent probably an hour or so talking to MY wing commander one on one, on a number of issues, where he wanted to know my opinion and thoughts, and we had talked about a number of excellent topics and issues facing CAP, our wing, and the program in general.

Probably the most fun I had, and actually got to learn something. An excellent time!

Conferences can be a lot of fun.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.