TNWG or any Encampment

Started by alanacranford, February 03, 2016, 12:33:47 AM

alanacranford

Are flights split up by gender? Like is there a girl flight and a guy flight? I was just wondering because I've been looking up everything about encampment and studying and trying to get ready, so I can be super prepared when I get there and I saw a video of a wing where their flights were divided into genders and that you would be put in the same sleeping room as your flight. I didn't know if that meant that our flight was all our gender or if it was just the people in our flight that were our gender were in our room. Sorry for rambling, but I'm really nervous going in as a chief and I don't want to make myself look stupid or unprepared so I want to set a good example for the other cadets. :-[ ;D

dwb

At this point, encampments should no longer be splitting up flights by gender. The encampment manual that was released in 2014 is pretty clear about that.

QuoteCadet flights will be equally balanced by age, gender, cadet grade, and home unit, to the extent possible. Family members will be segregated from one another whenever possible. Flights should not be segregated by gender, except as a last resort due to logistical necessity. The real world is fully integrated; cadet activities need to be as well so that male and female cadets learn to work together as a single team.

alanacranford

OK thank you! I had been looking around the internet and couldn't find anything on it, so decided to come here.

dwb