Main Menu

PJOC Preperation

Started by Nascar Jack, January 05, 2016, 05:30:18 PM

Nascar Jack

I am a physically fit cadet intent on making it to PJOC and passing it. I want to know what to be prepared for.

I always exceed the Pt requirements. Here are my recent scores:
Mile: 5:46
Push-Ups: 81 (2 minutes)
Sit-Ups: 75 (2 minutes)
Pull-Ups: 8 (Max)
Burpees: 31 (1 Minute Max)

I wondered how prepared I am and what areas I should work on. I am a long distance runner who has run a half marathon without stop at a 8:25 pace.

Thoughts? How is PJOC in general?

C/MSgt Chitty, FLWG

MSG Mac

if you review the PJOC application page there is a PT test that is specifically for PJOC and must be certified by your squadron/CC as part of the application process. In addition there is a PT test upon arrival. PJOC is held in the Rockies at an altitude of more than 5,000 feet. If you fail the test, you will be loaded onto a bus and sent home-at your expense.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Nascar Jack

I understand that, sir, and I am sure I can pass the test, but is there anything I can do to prepare me for the week? Special tips, or insider information on what activites we do?

Thanks,

C/MSgt Chitty, FLWG

LTC Don

Your stats are great as they are, but as always there is room for improvement.  The first of what may be an issue is where PJOC is held.  With you being in nice, moist, warm Florida, you may have to over compensate for a hot, dry climate.  There may be also altitude issues since it seems most of Florida is below sea level.

Take your stats, and set reasonable goals to improve them.  If your mile is holding at 5:46, then train to get it down to 5:40 or better, then 5:30 and so on.  Set reasonable goals for each of the exercises you have listed and you should be golden.

If altitude looks to be an issue, aerobics will be a big issue. Some type of aerobics program like bicycling or kickboxing or other type of program will help.  P90 is a popular one.

In any case, best of luck with PJOC.
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891