KSWG Winter encampment cancelled?

Started by Walkman, December 21, 2015, 01:58:35 PM

Walkman

I just got a distraught email from a new SM taking her daughter to her Basic Encampment. She had been corresponding with someone with ILWG about travel logistics and got an email from that person last night that encampment was cancelled. Something about a security threat on base. I see nothing on the KSWG website or FB page about the cancellation.

I've been around enough to know how misinformation and rumor gets around CAP. Anyone here have official intel on the status of encampment?

TheSkyHornet

"Stand-by for personal contact by phone regarding encampment status. EVERYONE will be contacted. Thank you for your patience."

https://www.facebook.com/Kansas-Wing-Training-Group-149772081740351/

Johnny Yuma

Yes, the KSWG encampment was cancelled due to some credible security issues beyond KSWG's control. I think they were trying to contain the notification to attendees only for OPSEC but if you know anyone who was going to try and walk in they probably need to call KSWG HQ before attempting to travel to get the offical word.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: