Profile "Unit" field one character short

Started by Jon Moser, August 14, 2015, 02:20:25 PM

SarDragon

AAA-AA-NNN =/= AAA-AAA-NNN

Yours is the first format; his is the second. There is only room for 10 characters. He has 11. Thus spake the programmer.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on August 15, 2015, 06:15:38 PM
Strange... the "unit" on my postings seem to be fine..

The OP is assigned to a Region Headquarters. Region designators have three letters vs two for wings.

dwb

Quote from: PHall on August 15, 2015, 08:19:10 PMThe OP is assigned to a Region Headquarters. Region designators have three letters vs two for wings.
That's because we're one better.

Quote from: SarDragon on August 15, 2015, 08:18:20 PMThere is only room for 10 characters.
Region HQ goes to 11.

Гугл переводчик

Quote from: PHall on August 15, 2015, 08:19:10 PM
Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on August 15, 2015, 06:15:38 PM
Strange... the "unit" on my postings seem to be fine..

The OP is assigned to a Region Headquarters. Region designators have three letters vs two for wings.

Ah I see now, my mistake!
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

JC004

We will give you 14 days to transfer in order to bring yourself into compliance with CAPTalk standards. 

Alaric

When you look people up in ops quals and they are assigned to region their 101 card indicates their unit is RRR-001 not RRR-RRR-001

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Alaric on August 17, 2015, 12:01:31 PM
When you look people up in ops quals and they are assigned to region their 101 card indicates their unit is RRR-001 not RRR-RRR-001
Just a note, Ops Qual isn't the authority for unit charter numbers.

If you look in the Membership Application, Organization Maintenance module it shows that Region HQ charter numbers are RRR-RRR-001 for HQ and RRR-RRR-000 for the region holding unit.  Of course, you need region scope for this.

Alternatively you can piece together this information using the Organization table in CAPWATCH DownLoad, it lists all active units in CAP no matter your assigned scope.  (Pro tip, Commanders table also lists all of the CCs in CAP, using that information and OpsQual which is read-only nation-wide presently you can email a commander if needed)
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811