Senior members & Meetings

Started by Strikermd140, April 26, 2015, 07:37:54 PM

Storm Chaser

Quote from: SarDragon on April 28, 2015, 07:53:38 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on April 28, 2015, 07:38:04 PMErgo just because you got five years does not mean you automatically get a Red Service Ribbon.

Why not? For ten years, due to economics and logistics, I was "pay, no play". NHQ got my thirty bucks every year, and I stayed on the rolls. If I can show enough interest to maintain my membership, then I should retain credit for it.

The Red Service ribbon, clasps and longevity device are awarded to members in good standing for years of service. Service and membership are not the same thing.

lordmonar

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 28, 2015, 08:25:10 PM

Quote from: lordmonar on April 28, 2015, 08:08:35 PM
Storm chaser,

You are right that it is up to the commander.   And I have implicitly said that several times over the 3-4 threads that we have had on this subject.

I like the dig about my not being an officer anymore.   Nice.  Don't know what it has to do with my main point of there is very little value added to "managing" inactive members.....and there ARE costs both direct and indirect.

I have no problem with you being an NCO and if you read some of my recent posts regarding the subject, you'll see I've actually been supportive of the recent NCO initiative, although I think the implementation could've been better. That said, you can't express an opinion and pass it as fact. You may feel strongly about this issue, but it's not up to you, but up to the commanders to decide how to deal (or not) with inactive members. Yours is certainly one possible approach, but not the only one.
Yep.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 28, 2015, 08:26:25 PM

Quote from: lordmonar on April 28, 2015, 07:38:04 PMErgo just because you got five years does not mean you automatically get a Red Service Ribbon.

Why not? For ten years, due to economics and logistics, I was "pay, no play". NHQ got my thirty bucks every year, and I stayed on the rolls. If I can show enough interest to maintain my membership, then I should retain credit for it.

The Red Service ribbon, clasps and longevity device are awarded to members in good standing for years of service. Service and membership are not the same thing.
I agree.....but what is that difference IAW the regs?

Storm Chaser

Quote from: lordmonar on April 28, 2015, 09:05:33 PM

Unfortunately, the regs don't really define this, which leaves it up to each commander to make that determination.

lordmonar

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 28, 2015, 09:21:30 PM

Quote from: lordmonar on April 28, 2015, 09:05:33 PM

Unfortunately, the regs don't really define this, which leaves it up to each commander to make that determination.
Again....agree.