Question regarding NCSA Application

Started by AirForceBlue117, August 22, 2014, 03:16:54 PM

AirForceBlue117

(My apologies for asking so many questions) Ok, I passed my Wright Brothers and became a Staff Sergeant not long ago, I also get the promotion time reduced because of JROTC. And I'm looking to get my Mitchell in February and I figured when it comes NCSA Slotting. Let's say if I put in the application for NCSA at a Chief Master Sergeant, and after I put in my application for NCSA I become a 2nd Lieutenant, does it affect slotting or what's on the application is what counts?
Cadet Second Lieutenant (Group 7, Florida Wing)
Color Guard Team Commander
Squadron Safety Officer: SER-FL-464
Army JROTC Cadet (Cadet Lieutenant Colonel)

USAFAHopeful

According to the points system, earning your Mitchell Award adds extra points towards being accepted to your NCSA of choice. So, yes, it does affect slotting.

AirForceBlue117

I know but I was asking if the application is due 15 of January, and I turn 17 on January 19 and receive my Mitchell in February...and by June, I should have my Earhart. But does the information change, even after the submittion of application?

USAFAHopeful

I believe they only take info up to the 15th, and don't change it from there. Then again, I could be wrong.

USAFAHopeful

Sorry! Just looked it up! They stop accepting info after February 18th. So I think you're in the clear.

AirForceBlue117

Thanks, I do hope so. That is kind of weird submitting application for NCSA as a C/CMSgt, and you get there as a C/Cpt, though.

USAFAHopeful

If they ask, just give them a truthful explanation.

If I may, what NCSA are you interested in?

USAFAHopeful

I might add, just because you can promote every month doesn't mean that you will. Things can and will happen that will change your promotion. Food for thought.

NC Hokie

Quote from: USAFAHopeful on August 22, 2014, 04:03:43 PM
I might add, just because you can promote every month doesn't mean that you will. Things can and will happen that will change your promotion. Food for thought.

Yep. For example, if a cadet is sick and misses the monthly character development session in my unit, he has to wait until the next monthly session to complete that requirement.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

USAFAHopeful

Quote from: NC Hokie on August 22, 2014, 05:00:32 PM
Quote from: USAFAHopeful on August 22, 2014, 04:03:43 PM

Yep. For example, if a cadet is sick and misses the monthly character development session in my unit, he has to wait until the next monthly session to complete that requirement.

Exactly my point.

AirForceBlue117

I understand, but in this household. My Parents and I consider CAP to be one of the most important things on the agenda. I make it a point not to miss important meetings (Promotion Requirements). But I have been on a consistent track record as promotion wise. And the NCSA I'm going for is National Blue Beret.

Garibaldi

Hold on a minute...did I see this right? A cadet helping a cadet?

*looks outside*

Yep, there are some weird looking guys out there, pale, hollow, sunken eyes, mumbling something about brains...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

USAFAHopeful

Ah. I wish I could go to NBB.

Garibaldi, is there something I'm missing? I see no problem in a cadet helping another cadet, even if he is only a C/Amn.

LSThiker

Quote from: USAFAHopeful on August 22, 2014, 10:24:54 PM

It has moments of fun, but a lot of moments of standing.  Go as a senior, then it is a lot more fun.

Garibaldi, is there something I'm missing? I see no problem in a cadet helping another cadet, even if he is only a C/Amn.

He is being sarcastic.

USAFAHopeful

Quote from: LSThiker on August 22, 2014, 10:52:45 PM

It has moments of fun, but a lot of moments of standing.  Go as a senior, then it is a lot more fun.

He is being sarcastic.

I'm going into the Air Force, so are you allowed to be in CAP as an active duty service member?

As for the sarcasm, I didn't catch it. Thanks.

Garibaldi

Nothing at all, it's just that we get fly-bys of cadets asking things they could easily ask their chain of command, and it was weird because this has happened a handful of times that I've ever seen, that a cadet helps another cadet on this board.

Eclipse

Quote from: USAFAHopeful on August 22, 2014, 10:57:08 PM
I'm going into the Air Force, so are you allowed to be in CAP as an active duty service member?

Not as a cadet.

"That Others May Zoom"

USAFAHopeful

Well, I help when I can. Thanks for the explanation.

USAFAHopeful

Quote from: Eclipse on August 22, 2014, 11:03:52 PM

Not as a cadet.

I mean as a senior member.

Garibaldi

Quote from: USAFAHopeful on August 22, 2014, 11:04:41 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 22, 2014, 11:03:52 PM

Not as a cadet.

I mean as a senior member.

Yes, but you won't have much time for a while, what with BMT and such.