Main Menu

NESA UPDATE!

Started by sarflyer, May 06, 2014, 05:52:24 PM

sarflyer

Primary slotting for NESA has begun for personnel that have completed their applications and fees are being accepted online.  Personnel serious about attending NESA should complete their applications as soon as possible in order to be slotted in the events they desire, and should pay their fees by the 2nd of June.  Courses are filling up, and though some applications may be considered after the 2nd of June, online registration and payment will close on the 22nd of June.

If you have any questions please send an email to: nesa-admin@nesa.cap.gov

Thanks all! 8)
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

Panache

Slightly confused... I got my slotting notification from NESA on March 24...

husker

Panache,

We slot participants as soon as their applications are complete and approved.  Slotting usually lasts from January all the way up to June.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

Panache

Aaah.  Understood.  Thank you, Colonel!

Panache

I do have a question, though.

Since I'm the first person in the Squadron to ever go to NESA, my CC is unsure of this:

Is he supposed to sign off in the "Commander Approval for Prerequisites" and "Commander Approval for Familiarization and Preparatory Training" section of the SQTRs of the courses I'm going to NESA for, or will the instructors at NESA do that?

husker

We will take care of that for you - all tasks and ancillary training that you complete during the activity will automatically be uploaded for you at the end of training.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

GrimReaper

I'm planning on attending the 1st session Scanner & Aerial Photo course at NESA.  In the packing list it mentioned having (2) sectionals, plotter and an E6B.  Being a generic packing list for the MAS, are those items needed for a Scanner?  I emailed the school but I haven't received a reply yet, it appears there are NESA staff on this board that could answer this.

husker

Let me find a definitive answer for you.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

GrimReaper

BFreemanMA

Grim, where do you see the packing list for MAS? I, too, will be attending, but the website doesn't have any information that I can find. Would you mind linking me to it, please?
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

GrimReaper

BFreemanMA

Thank you very much! I was looking under the specific school. I appreciate the assist!
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

husker

Quote from: GrimReaper on May 08, 2014, 12:58:45 PM
I'm planning on attending the 1st session Scanner & Aerial Photo course at NESA.  In the packing list it mentioned having (2) sectionals, plotter and an E6B.  Being a generic packing list for the MAS, are those items needed for a Scanner?  I emailed the school but I haven't received a reply yet, it appears there are NESA staff on this board that could answer this.

I spoke with the MAS Commandant.  For the scanner course, the sectionals are required, but an E6B is not.   Also do bring something as a straight edge for the purposes of gridding a sectional.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

GrimReaper

Thank you for following up on my question.

Panzerbjorn

My son applied for a slot at NESA, and I'll be going as MAS Staff.  However, my son has yet received notification that he's been accepted.  How do we verify that he's been accepted?  He fully applied back in January.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

GrimReaper

Did you check the Activity Status link under the e-services NESA Main Menu option? 

Panzerbjorn

There's the ticket!  Listed as Primary.  Thank you for the guidance.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

sarflyer

Quote from: Panzerbjorn on May 13, 2014, 04:28:03 AM
My son applied for a slot at NESA, and I'll be going as MAS Staff.  However, my son has yet received notification that he's been accepted.  How do we verify that he's been accepted?  He fully applied back in January.

Panzer,

Did the link work for you in eServices?  If not I need an actual name to check.  Please write me at prowen@nesa.cap.gov if you need further help.

Thanks!
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

Panzerbjorn

Sarflyer,

Got it covered.  Found him in eServices and paid the gate fee.  Thank you very much for your offer to help!
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

Eclipse

I noticed today that the NESA website got a long-overdue facelift.

Clear and clean, looks very nice!

http://nesa.cap.gov/

"That Others May Zoom"