Main Menu

Initial Slotting

Started by blackbird, March 02, 2014, 12:08:00 AM

blackbird

Anyone know when the initial slotting for this summer's NCSAs will be announced?

fokkerfrenzy

March 15th, I thought I heard?

MSG Mac

It's March 15th, with payments and supplementary paperwork due by April 15th. If not received by then an alternate gets the slot.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

TankerT

Slotting will occur this year on or before March 14th. 

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

Offutteer

Ya, I wouldn't expect NHQ to work on a Saturday, but it is nice that it's the same deadline every year.  And it's nice that the NCSAs and CAP Scholarships have the same deadline for applying and announcing.

MHuff38

Just checked this morning. Learned that my son was slotted for PJOC in NM. Interested to hook up with any other CAWG cadets for possible travel partner.

Offutteer

I haven't seen anything come out of NHQ yet.  Last year people tried to find a way to see things early and then were disappointed when the actual announcement was made.  Until it's final and National makes the announcement, I wouldn't say anything.

MHuff38

If I'm not mistaken isn't e-services part of the national headquarters website? When logged on and viewing the payment and registration section it reads in green, "you have been slotted for the following activity".

LSThiker

It appears it has been pulled. Reading that the site is down for the initial slotting

fokkerfrenzy

It's been like that for days.  It seems their definition of "shortly" and the generally accepted definition differ somewhat.  ;)

Panache

Still waiting on NESA...

MHuff38

So...Now that National has posted initial slotting, are there any NM PJOC cadets out there?  I'd really like to connect my son with some before the activity.  Facebook, email, CapTalk etc.  Specifically any from SoCal that would fly out of LAX together. 

a2capt

In my experience, PJOC attendees from the Southern California area have tended to take I-40, and make a -RIGHT- turn at Albuquerque. Not a Left.. ;)

I-40-> I-25 SB-> Exit 222A, keep going.

Huey Driver

Quote from: MHuff38 on March 14, 2014, 07:31:28 PM
So...Now that National has posted initial slotting, are there any NM PJOC cadets out there?  I'd really like to connect my son with some before the activity.  Facebook, email, CapTalk etc.  Specifically any from SoCal that would fly out of LAX together.

I'm a primary for PJOC at Kirtland... but can't go, due to school graduation being rescheduled.  No NCSAs for me this year  :(

Maybe my slot will open to a SoCal cadet.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

blackbird

I was really hoping for PJOC Kirtland.. but got slotted as an alternate.

HGjunkie

Picked up at ETech and LESA, which is rather convienient because hopefully I'll be attending Ginn COE at Auburn after I graduate this year  (unless the AFA decides to pick me up  :angel:).

Also, Daedalian Scholarship! Beats any NCSA slot by far.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

dogden

HG,

What course are you attending at LESA?

David C Ogden, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing, Group IV Commander
GRW#3325

HGjunkie

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go as of yet but I was slotted for the Observer course.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF