Seeking opinions of the almighty CAP ES Gods and Goddesses

Started by pascocap2002, January 28, 2014, 04:53:14 PM

pascocap2002

The original thing that frustrated me was that I was not authorized to wear my Mission Observer Rating when I checked E-Services (I never knew I had to apply to wear them because after my original classes, we had a graduation and we were pinned on our wings. (I want to say this was around 2002 or 2003). Then I flew a ton of missions and was quite active for a few years and then I went overseas and played SAR with the big boys.

I came home last year and seen that my rating was not in E-Services. I hit apply, my squadron commander apprived it, it went to wing, and then I was denied (reason was: no supporting documentation). I thought what the heck, how can I show "Expired" but then have no documentation? After going back and fourth and trying to figure out how to resolve the issue, I just decided that I want to get more active in CAP again and that ES is a great way to give back. So its okay to just re-qualify and then apply for the right to wear the wings.

I am going through the same issue right now with my ground team badges. No worries though, thats just motivation to get more active and participate.

Instead of being frustrated, I will work with the system, learn the new ways, learn the new regs, and be more efficient while working on CAP missions. Its no big deal because updating knowledge is critical to safety and for performing well on "actual" missions.

-J

Private Investigator

Quote from: pascocap2002 on March 27, 2014, 04:10:34 AM
The original thing that frustrated me was that I was not authorized to wear my Mission Observer Rating when I checked E-Services (I never knew I had to apply to wear them because after my original classes, we had a graduation and we were pinned on our wings. (I want to say this was around 2002 or 2003). Then I flew a ton of missions and was quite active for a few years and then I went overseas and played SAR with the big boys.

I came home last year and seen that my rating was not in E-Services. I hit apply, my squadron commander apprived it, it went to wing, and then I was denied (reason was: no supporting documentation). I thought what the heck, how can I show "Expired" but then have no documentation? After going back and fourth and trying to figure out how to resolve the issue, I just decided that I want to get more active in CAP again and that ES is a great way to give back. So its okay to just re-qualify and then apply for the right to wear the wings.

I am going through the same issue right now with my ground team badges. No worries though, thats just motivation to get more active and participate.

Instead of being frustrated, I will work with the system, learn the new ways, learn the new regs, and be more efficient while working on CAP missions. Its no big deal because updating knowledge is critical to safety and for performing well on "actual" missions.

-J

I was in your spot. I moved and transfer to a Squadron and they could not understand the concept. I told them I got my wings in the pre digital age and can they update it? The whole concept of ES is lost on a non-ES flying club.

pascocap2002

There should have been a better way to integrate the old system with the new system but sadly, there was not. I am weary about applying to wear the badges I know I earned. I am weary because I know it will be denied for "lack of documentation".

Save the finger pointing, save the frustration, gain some more UPDATED knowledge, and re-earn your badges under the new system.

Still, I have the dilemma of wearing badges I know I earned or not wearing them until they reflect in E-Services? What to do? I don't know the right answer other than wear them, if someone gets their panties in a bundle, then explain to them that the system is not reflecting older badges earned and try to smooth things out with that individual person.