Main Menu

NESA

Started by copper7653, December 12, 2013, 06:15:41 PM

copper7653

My son wants to go to NESA in IN.  We went through eservices to register but that directed us to NESA's website. I found the application page but when I load it, it comes up blank as well as the contact page. It also says the dates are still pending. The deadline for the cheaper price is coming up fast and I am not sure what to do. He wants to do the two weeks so the cheaper price will be helpful. I have tried for several days to get this to load. Not sure who I should talk to. Do I need to go to his Commander? Can someone please give me some direction. This is his first year in CAP so I am still new. He did go to an encampment over the summer and will turn 13 next week. Thank you for your help
Jackie

Storm Chaser

The registration for NESA has not started yet. Once it begins, you'll be able to register in eServices. Your unit and wing needs to approve the application before it makes it to the NESA staff for final approval and course assignment.

copper7653

Thank you for the information. I will keep checking eservices.

copper7653

We really want to send him to a Summer activity and because of his age their is not many to send him to. NESA is still not open. What happens if they do not have it or if he is not accepted. Do Cadets normally apply for more than one. I do not want to take a space away from someone else but I do not want him not to be able to go to one.

husker

We will have NESA, I promise.   :D

The NHQ/DO and I have been working on getting registration up in the last few days. 
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

copper7653

Thank you! Sorry to bother you but still trying to figure out this whole new world of CAP.

Panache

I'm thinking about going as a SM.  Anybody have a idea at what the tuition / application fee for NESA for the Mission Scanner / Mission Observer cert course?

68w20

Quote from: Panache on January 09, 2014, 04:38:41 PM
I'm thinking about going as a SM.  Anybody have a idea at what the tuition / application fee for NESA for the Mission Scanner / Mission Observer cert course?

NESA has a page linked through ncsas.com , just like every other NCSA.

Panache

Quote from: 68w10 on January 09, 2014, 04:43:08 PM

NESA has a page linked through ncsas.com , just like every other NCSA.

Full Session Attendance:

Normal Registration:
  10 Jan - 6 Apr 2014 $200.00

Late Registration:
7 Apr - 22 Jun 2014 $220.00

Short Course Attendance:

Normal Registration:
10 Jan - 6 Apr 2014 $100

Late Registration:
7 Apr - 22 Jun 2014 $110

Thank you.

husker

We are getting closer to getting registration opened up.  Last year, NESA used the normal NCSA application procedure for the first time;  both the NESA staff and NHQ IT learned a number of things in the process last year, so we are making a number of changes for this year to make the process go more smoothly for both students and staff.  We'll have Paul make an announcement here when it is up.  Shouldn't be too much longer.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

Pulsar

Does a cadet have to be 18+ to start working on mission scanner?
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

Luis R. Ramos

Open up the MO and MS SQTRs.

What are the requirements and prerequisites?

For MO, to be an MS. What are other requirements, specifically, for the MS?

That should answer that question...

???

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Huey Driver

Quote from: flyer333555 on January 11, 2014, 08:45:44 PM
Open up the MO and MS SQTRs.

What are the requirements and prerequisites?

For MO, to be an MS. What are other requirements, specifically, for the MS?

That should answer that question...

???

Flyer

I know that the age requirement for Aircrew specialties is explicitly enforced, and I agree with that requirement, but why is that? For instance, there are many cadets out there who have all the tasks completed for GTL but are still less than 18 years old. They have all of the tasks completed except for age as a prerequisite. Does insurance play a bigger role in the aircrew training? Air Force instruction?
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

husker

Cadets should be 18 to start GTL training as well.  Just like MS, there is an age eligibility prerequisite on the GTL SQTR.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

Spaceman3750

Quote from: JerseyCadet on January 12, 2014, 01:06:57 AM
... For instance, there are many cadets out there who have all the tasks completed for GTL but are still less than 18 years old. ...

And since training must be completed in sequence (with eServices enforcing) and 18 is a prerequisite to start training... All of those tasks are probably going to go *poof* when it comes time to input approval.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: husker on January 12, 2014, 01:32:17 AM
Cadets should be 18 to start GTL training as well.  Just like MS, there is an age eligibility prerequisite on the GTL SQTR.

The question is why is it set up like that? We have an hours total for MP but we allow them to start training at a lower number. I see no reason why allowing a cadet to start GTL training at 16 (put that in the prerequisite) and have an 18 check before the final signoff.

I suspect one of the eServices programmers said "reg / spec says 18 to be a GTL" and set that in prerequisite. IMHO if eServices and the regulations don't agree the regs win.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on January 13, 2014, 03:22:20 AM

The question is why is it set up like that? We have an hours total for MP but we allow them to start training at a lower number. I see no reason why allowing a cadet to start GTL training at 16 (put that in the prerequisite) and have an 18 check before the final signoff.

I suspect one of the eServices programmers said "reg / spec says 18 to be a GTL" and set that in prerequisite. IMHO if eServices and the regulations don't agree the regs win.

It's been a prerequisite on the written SQTR forever.

EDIT: http://gawg.cap.gov/GA116/PDF/SQTRs/SQTRGTMLeader.pdf

Eclipse

Yep. Just because CC's ignore the rules doesn't change them.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on January 13, 2014, 04:08:35 AM
Yep. Just because CC's ignore the rules doesn't change them.

I have to ask, is it really that hard to just wait until you're 18? I'll take every advantage I can get to get training done early, but I still waited until I was 18 to do GTL and MS, it really wasn't that big of a deal.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Storm Chaser

In my opinion, this is a non-issue. Cadets under 18 can train as UDF, GTM3, GTM2 and GTM1. Many tasks in these quals overlap with GTL tasks and cover more than half of GTL task requirements, with only 12 out of 43 advanced tasks needed to finish when they turn 18.