Main Menu

Tribal Logo?

Started by Eclipse, November 02, 2013, 04:38:28 PM

Eclipse

What the heck is this?

http://www.vanguardmil.com/civil-air-patrol-ball-cap-stone-navy-with-prop-and-downward-wings-p-17095.html

http://www.vanguardmil.com/civil-air-patrol-ball-cap-navy-tan-with-prop-and-downward-wings-p-17096.html

http://www.vanguardmil.com/civil-air-patrol-t-shirt-heather-grey-w-screened-tribal-logo-p-17109.html

It looks like a minamalist sillouette of a pixie hairdo.  And "Tribal Logo"?  Perhaps VG isn't aware of the
ongoing issues with schools and other organizations in regards to their logos and mascots?

Unlike the BSA, we have no lineage to Native American lore or culture, so how does this get approved?

"That Others May Zoom"

ZigZag911

I really wish NHQ types would quit playing around with 'corporate branding' and focus on real issues.

sardak

New logo for the NCO Corps Tribe?

It looks like some poor, misguided attempt at stylizing these wings.

Mike

Flying Pig

I spoke to a Vanguard employee at a conference one time.   I was told that they are constantly being pushed to create new products that CAP members would be interested in.  I dont know how many people have ever been to a conference where Vanguard sets up an entire uniform store on site in one of the side rooms.  Ive only been to a conference in CAWG.  They were interested in feedback for nonuniform products CAP members would be interested in.  Honestly..... that initself is not a CAP emblem.  I dont know that CAP has the rights to a red propellor?  I think its silly looking but as a company Vanguard is marketing to its customers.  I suppose any pilot could buy that.  Its not limited to just CAP members.

What would stop me from putting a single red prop on a tshirt and selling it?  I doubt CAP as an organization even has anything to do with this. 

ol'fido

Quote from: Eclipse on November 02, 2013, 04:38:28 PM
What the heck is this?

http://www.vanguardmil.com/civil-air-patrol-ball-cap-stone-navy-with-prop-and-downward-wings-p-17095.html

http://www.vanguardmil.com/civil-air-patrol-ball-cap-navy-tan-with-prop-and-downward-wings-p-17096.html

http://www.vanguardmil.com/civil-air-patrol-t-shirt-heather-grey-w-screened-tribal-logo-p-17109.html

It looks like a minamalist sillouette of a pixie hairdo.  And "Tribal Logo"?  Perhaps VG isn't aware of the
ongoing issues with schools and other organizations in regards to their logos and mascots?

Unlike the BSA, we have no lineage to Native American lore or culture, so how does this get approved?
I think this is less "tribal" with regard to Native Americans and more "tribal" as in the current tattoo culture.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Flying Pig

I think I know where it came from.....  ;D

Майор Хаткевич

Think I found my next tattoo! Oh wait...tribal went out of style...years before I could legally get one.  >:D

JC004

WHAT IS THAT?

If they want new products, I come at a very reasonable consulting rate and would be happy to design products people would actually buy. 

Al Sayre

If they want to sell hats to pilots, they need to get rid of the button on the top.  They get painful under a headset after a couple of hours...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Flying Pig

^Haaaa!!!  yeah.  everytime I get a new hat the first thing I do is get a set of pliers and pop that button off! :)

RiverAux

On a related note -- why are there always those goobers that think that anything with CAP on it is actually a uniform item and try to wear it with parts of the real uniform? 

There are some CAP-branded hats that I've worn over the years while on personal time and I think having non-uniform CAP clothing is a good thing from a public-relations point of view, but like almost everything else CAP does, it causes a uniform problem with some folks.  Not a hard one to solve, but still grating. 

Panache

Quote from: RiverAux on November 03, 2013, 03:24:52 PM
On a related note -- why are there always those goobers that think that anything with CAP on it is actually a uniform item and try to wear it with parts of the real uniform? 

I wear this hat with the G/W's. 

Eclipse

You wear a baseball cap with a dress shirt?

"That Others May Zoom"

Panache

Quote from: Eclipse on November 03, 2013, 04:07:06 PM
You wear a baseball cap with a dress shirt?

When I have the need to wear a hat (i.e. it's raining or really sunny outside).

Hey, don't blame me.  Blame 39-1. I think it looks sloppy too.

AirAux

I, for one, am grateful.  It's about time they paid some respect to us old gray hairs with our long/walrus mustaches.  We are the backbone of the organzation.. 

wuzafuzz

Looks like someone was playing with the "Hurl" filter in Photoshop...again.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Private Investigator

ColonelJack

Attention Vanguard:

Do you want more of my money?  Of course you do.

Here's an idea ... offer something that I would buy.

For example (and this isn't the only example) ... why not offer full-size versions of the miniature medals?  I would most definitely buy those ... and so would many of the Senior Members of CAP. 

I know we don't wear them.  Members who earn the Distinguished Service Award or the Silver or Bronze Medals of Valor don't wear them after they're presented either.  But they'd look great in a shadowbox.  And at a suggested cost of $20 - $25 a pop, you'd get a good chunk of change just from me - look at the rack in my signature block and you'll see.  You're looking at $360 - $450 at the bare minimum.  And I'm not the only one who'd pay for them.

Don't offer me crap like this "tribal" logo or any other stuff you keep putting in your "New Items" part of the website.  Offer me something I want.

It's Marketing 101, folks, not rocket science.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

NIN

^^ This totally sums up what I'm thinking.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on November 05, 2013, 05:57:26 PM
^^ This totally sums up what I'm thinking.

Right?

Make the cadet grades into key chains. I know I'd pick up some pips. Make some iPhone/Android device of the quarter cases with CAP themes. Make some decent bumper stickers. Make some stuff that's interesting and affordable so I can present it to cadets as little rewards.