I live were a CAP plane is based...

Started by C/Awesomenesss, October 02, 2013, 05:12:33 AM

C/Awesomenesss

I live were a CAP plane is based dose anybody know what the steps r to get my solo wings?

SarDragon

Quote from: Androbic on October 02, 2013, 05:12:33 AM
I live were where a CAP plane is based dose does anybody know what the steps r are to get my solo wings?

FTFY.

Check with the people in that unit. Since they have the plane, they are the ones who you'll have to go through.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Flying Pig

Well, I can tell you that step #1 is to join CAP.

Garibaldi

I live were a CAP plane is based dose anybody know what the steps r to get my solo wings?

Please. For the love of all that is holy...USE PUNCTUATION!!!!

/rant
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

SarDragon

Oh, he's already gotten the Grammar (Good) Cop PM. No need to dog pile any further.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

C/Awesomenesss

I shouldn't of started this post. Sorry :(

SJFedor

Short answer: solo in an aircraft.

To do so, you need to have a willing instructor provide you with ground and flight instruction, you need to obtain at least a 3rd class medical certificate w/ attached student pilot certificate for your instructor to endorse, and you must meet the requirements of FAR part 61, specifically part 61.83 and 61.87, which gives you all the bulletpoints of what the FAA wants from you before you can solo. The first requirement, of which, is that you're at least 16 years old. There's also some CAP requirements depending on the type of aircraft and your Wing's individual rules.

Hope this helps you out.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Garibaldi

Quote from: Androbic on October 03, 2013, 03:27:48 AM

shouldn't HAVE.  >:( "Shouldn't of" is not anywhere near a galaxy where it would be considered grammatically correct. It does sound like shouldn't've, which is a contraction of "should not have".

Using "then" instead of "than" also gets my blood pressure up, as well as using "there" instead of "their" or "they're"

Don't even get me started on "your" and "you're".

Don't apologize for starting a post. Just...please, for the love of God or whatever deity you happen to believe in, use your spell check and grammar check. You'll thank us in the long run.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

C/Awesomenesss

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 02, 2013, 12:12:30 PM
Well, I can tell you that step #1 is to join CAP.

I have been in CAP for 4 yrs already. Thank you very much.

C/Awesomenesss

Quote from: Garibaldi on October 03, 2013, 05:01:51 AM

shouldn't HAVE.  >:( "Shouldn't of" is not anywhere near a galaxy where it would be considered grammatically correct. It does sound like shouldn't've, which is a contraction of "should not have".

Using "then" instead of "than" also gets my blood pressure up, as well as using "there" instead of "their" or "they're"

Don't apologize for starting a post. Just...please, for the love of God or whatever deity you happen to believe in, use your spell check and grammar check. You'll thank us in the long run.

OMG really

ColonelJack

Quote from: Androbic on October 03, 2013, 02:41:53 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on October 03, 2013, 05:01:51 AM

OMG really

Yes, really.

Mr. Robichaux, you are going to find out that, as you get older - and eventually move into the work force - you are going to have to have a much, much better command of written English in order to be successful.  While invented spelling, tortured grammar and those cute little things used in texting might get your message across (especially with your friends), they have absolutely no place in the real world.

If you plan to join the military, proper spelling and grammar will be essential.  If you intend to make it your career, you will quickly find that those who cannot master the simple rules of spelling, grammar, and punctuation do not go very far.  These people write official reports, recommendations, and many other things that - when received at higher headquarters - will not be taken seriously unless everything is just right.

Now is the time to make that mental adjustment, Mr. Robichaux.  Don't let that bad habit of using texting and bad punctuation become so ingrained that you can't change it when you absolutely have to.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

C/Awesomenesss

^OK sorrrrrry. I have done pretty good on my grammar. If I didn't give me two pieces that I did gave bad gammar. Thanks for getting off topic.

JeffDG

Quote from: Androbic on October 03, 2013, 03:14:29 PM
^OK sorrrrrry. I have done pretty good on my grammar. If I didn't give me two pieces that I did gave bad gammar. Thanks for getting off topic.
Please tell me that's intentional.

ColonelJack

Thanks for getting off topic.

Well, it is a classic example of your message being lost in the method you chose to deliver it ...

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

ColonelJack

Quote from: JeffDG on October 03, 2013, 03:17:02 PM

It had to have been.

(The urge to break out my red pencil is getting very strong...and I'm a history teacher!)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

C/Awesomenesss

Quote from: ColonelJack on October 03, 2013, 03:19:52 PM

It had to have been.

(The urge to break out my red pencil is getting very strong...and I'm a history teacher!

Jack

WOW really Colonel Jack and JeffDG

ColonelJack

Quote from: Androbic on October 03, 2013, 03:23:53 PM

It had to have been.

(The urge to break out my red pencil is getting very strong...and I'm a history teacher!

Jack

Mr. Robichaux, I am asking this question because I am really interested in knowing your answer, and not because I want to dog pile on you or anything.  I seriously want to know (since I teach high school history and run across it in my classes).

Is it really that difficult to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation?  Or is it a choice you make to not do so?

Again, I really want to know, I'm not making any kind of judgment or anything.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

C/Awesomenesss

Quote from: ColonelJack on October 03, 2013, 03:26:27 PM

It had to have been.

Jack

Mr. Robichaux, I am asking this question because I am really interested in knowing your answer, and not because I want to dog pile on you or anything.  I seriously want to know (since I teach high school history and run across it in my classes).

Is it really that difficult to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation?  Or is it a choice you make to not do so?

Jack

BOTH >:(

ColonelJack

Quote from: Androbic on October 03, 2013, 03:32:15 PM

It had to have been.

Jack

Jack

Then I respectfully suggest you make other choices, especially if you desire that which you write to be taken seriously.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

C/Awesomenesss

Quote from: ColonelJack on October 03, 2013, 03:33:35 PM
Quote from: Androbic on October 03, 2013, 03:32:15 PM

It had to have been.

Jack

Jack

Then I respectfully suggest you make other choices, especially if you desire that which you write to be taken seriously.

People take my writing really seriously. I got a A+ from a collage writing teacher. Thank you very much.