CAP Grid for iPad - Locate and view any grid in seconds

Started by bigfootpilot, August 30, 2013, 03:43:57 PM

bigfootpilot

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: bigfootpilot on September 18, 2013, 08:52:21 PM
Guess that puts me out of business... ;)

I really don't think so.  ForeFlight is a very expensive purchase for those folks that just want to find and view a CAP Grid.

JeffDG

How many MOs are going to pay for Foreflight?  Well, those that are also pilots might, but your tool still has a niche.

vento

Quote from: Mission Pilot on September 18, 2013, 08:58:45 PM

I really don't think so.  ForeFlight is a very expensive purchase for those folks that just want to find and view a CAP Grid.

X2

Mustang

Here's my iPad Mini + RAM mount yoke setup. My Mini is wearing an Otterbox Defender case and I mounted a diamond RAM base (with some large fender washers for added strength) onto the back of a spare Defender hardshell I picked up on eBay. Snaps right in, works good, lasts long time.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Cliff_Chambliss

I am still using the full size Ipad (old tired eyes) and a ram yoke mount.  However, I purchased the longer extension arm and a double ball adapter.  This allows the mount to be under the yoke and places the Ipad directly in front of instead of over the yoke so no flight instruments, controls, or switches are blocked.  Also I used a bit of rubber cement and a couple pieces of rubber shelf liner on the faces of mount's 'C' Clamp that attaches to the yoke shaft this really lessens the amount of 'oomph" required to tighten the mount so it doesn't slip.
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.