FAA Grants Restrictive Young Eagles Exemption (Flying Magazine)

Started by a2capt, August 20, 2013, 10:13:14 PM

a2capt

Similar to an issue CAP faced with Private Pilots being paid back more than "splitting" the cost of the flight.

I wondered how EAA did it, especially in experimentals and less than Private ratings.

The restrictions put on the flights are very similar to our O-Rides, but not typical SAR flights.

Also of note, the photograph used is of a CAP pilot in front of an Archer III, talking to kids.  Yet the image filename is entitled "Young-Eagles.jpg"

Could be that CAP EAA MOU perhaps.

http://www.flyingmag.com/news/faa-grants-restrictive-young-eagles-exemption

jeders

Quote from: a2capt on August 20, 2013, 10:13:14 PM
Also of note, the photograph used is of a CAP pilot in front of an Archer III, talking to kids.  Yet the image filename is entitled "Young-Eagles.jpg"

Could be that CAP EAA MOU perhaps.

Or a CAP member who doesn't quite understand that you don't wear the uniform just whenever. Unfortunately we've had a few of those.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

NIN

Quote from: jeders on August 21, 2013, 12:02:54 AM
Or a CAP member who doesn't quite understand that you don't wear the uniform just whenever. Unfortunately we've had a few of those.

No context on the photo. Why assume he's wrong?  And why turn it into a uniform thing?

CAP & EAA could have been doing a joint thing and someone snapped a photo of this guy standing in front of his personal plane that he wheeled over onto the tarmac.  Its a decent photo that unfortunately lacks a little context. Without being SURE, how about we give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

Eclipse

Yeah, could have just been helping out on the ground, we do it here all the time.

"That Others May Zoom"