U.S. Army Cadet Corps - Army Cadets Cadre Orientation Training (15-17 Feb)

Started by DoubleDuty, January 08, 2013, 04:38:14 AM

DoubleDuty

The U.S. Army Cadet Corps will be holding an Army Cadets Cadre Orientation Training (ACCOT), a three-day program for potential new adult leaders in USAC, on 15-17 Feb.

We are looking for highly motivated and dedicated individuals to be instructors, mentors and positive role models to our cadets.

If you are interested, click the following link for more information and how to register:

http://www.goarmycadets.com/mydocuments/moi_fy13_accot.pdf

The CyBorg is destroyed

I am curious if any CAP qualifications would cross-qualify for the USAC; i.e., CAP CPPT, being rated in the CP Speciality Track, having worked an encampment, our FBI fingerprint check, SLS, CLC, etc.

I know that CGAUX and NSCC do not accept them, so I would think USAC would be similar, but just asking.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

DoubleDuty

CyBorg, I myself am pulling "double duty" in both CAP and USAC (hence, my CapTalk ID). I've been in CAP for about two years now and just recently joined USAC; I'm still in the Officer Candidate phase of my training with USAC.

In answer to your inquiry, the knowledge and skills you've gained from your experience in CAP would be an asset and serve you -- and our cadets -- well in USAC. Certain qualifications, awards, and training "cross over," while others don't. For instance, depending on how long you've been in CAP, you may be able to enter USAC at a higher rank, although you would have to go through the initial training (e.g., OCS, DCC) prior to commissioning with USAC.

USAC obviously has its own application process separate from CAP and you would be required to get new fingerprints done, etc.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

P.S. I noticed your home unit is Q'onos. You wouldn't happen to be a Trekkie, would you? So am I. Qapla!