Main Menu

Disney's Planes

Started by Eclipse, December 27, 2012, 06:31:46 AM

Eclipse

If it's 1/2 as good as Cars, it should be cool.

Disney Planes - Teaser Trailer

Was originally going to be direct to DVD, now slated for August, 2013 theatrical release.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

If the latest Sonic Racing/boating/flying game is any indication, the graphics will be awesome and it should be (hopefully) funny.

a2capt

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Rick-DEL

Nice...cannot wait for the release.

twofivexray

Disney? I doubt they did any of the animation. I'm pretty sure it was all done by Pixar in Emeryville as was Cars.
Roger W. Bass, 1st Lt, CAP
Easton Composite Squadron, MD-079
Civil Air Patrol, U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

RogueLeader

Quote from: twofivexray on January 05, 2013, 12:36:37 AM
Disney? I doubt they did any of the animation. I'm pretty sure it was all done by Pixar in Emeryville as was Cars.

I'm sure you know that pixar is owned by Disney.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

miss.aviator.girl

Actually, it was just announced that this movie will be shown a week early at Airventure in Oshkosh this summer.

bflynn

It will be interesting to see.

The original Cars grossed 461 million at the box office, Cars 2 came in at 368 million.  In the movie industry, the expectation is a sequel will not perform as well as the previous film.  I know a lot of people I talked to did not like Cars 2, but I didn't see it so I don't know.

miss.aviator.girl

I absolutely can't wait for this movie! My first thought when Cars came out was "Are they gonna make one with planes too?"

Mustang

I believe I read somewhere that Planes is being made by Disney Animation Studios, not Pixar.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

spaatzmom

Although "Planes" is a spin-off of the Pixar Animation Studios film, Cars, and it's sequel, Cars 2, this movie is not being produced by Pixar, instead its under the Disney Toon Studios production company. However, John Lasseter, chief creative officer of both Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios, will be one of the producers.

ARandomCadet

I heard from somebody at my squadron that we all might get together and go see it as a squadron. And yes, in theater with a pretty good amount of us taking up a pretty good portion of a theatre. We would all look awesome while there, I'm having a night out at a sports bar with a couple other cadets after my first oride. With the other two on my oride, going directly to the sports bar afterwards still wearing our gear.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: ILikePlanes on June 22, 2013, 04:17:22 AM
I heard from somebody at my squadron that we all might get together and go see it as a squadron. And yes, in theater with a pretty good amount of us taking up a pretty good portion of a theatre. We would all look awesome while there, I'm having a night out at a sports bar with a couple other cadets after my first oride. With the other two on my oride, going directly to the sports bar afterwards still wearing our gear.

There is so much wrong with pretty much everything you've just posted. I hope your commander is aware of your plans. I mean, I've probably worn my uniform when I should not  have a couple of times, but everything you post pretty much makes me think that you joined CAP just to strut around in a uniform around town. Let me let you in on a secret: a C/AB does not look impressive to the public; the public is so oversaturated with uniforms over your lifetime, that most won't even notice; if by chance you DO get someone who takes time out of their day to "Thank You", I hope you feel as awkward as possible, knowing that you simply don't deserve their thanks.

But who am I kidding, this is probably the best way to recruit! Sit around a table at the sports bar, sign up a whole unit, and maybe they will make you the leader of it with a brevet colonel promotion. Yea, my money is on that

NCRblues

I am starting to smell a troll...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

ARandomCadet

Quote from: usafaux2004 on June 22, 2013, 04:26:31 AM

There is so much wrong with pretty much everything you've just posted. I hope your commander is aware of your plans. I mean, I've probably worn my uniform when I should not  have a couple of times, but everything you post pretty much makes me think that you joined CAP just to strut around in a uniform around town. Let me let you in on a secret: a C/AB does not look impressive to the public; the public is so oversaturated with uniforms over your lifetime, that most won't even notice; if by chance you DO get someone who takes time out of their day to "Thank You", I hope you feel as awkward as possible, knowing that you simply don't deserve their thanks.

But who am I kidding, this is probably the best way to recruit! Sit around a table at the sports bar, sign up a whole unit, and maybe they will make you the leader of it with a brevet colonel promotion. Yea, my money is on that
Still in all the gear is my flight sergeant's idea. My idea was to go out to the sports bar where everybody, even the airmen from our AFB go. The airmen go to the one closer to the base though, so we will go to the one closer to our houses and then probably play in FSX at my flight sergeant's house.

Luis R. Ramos

If you are there in full uniform, whether it was your idea or your Sergeant, it is still not right. It is a violation of regulations, and it is a failure of proper leadership. Cannot be justified in any way.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

davidsinn

How does a 12 year old C/AB get in to a sports bar in the first place?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: davidsinn on June 22, 2013, 02:14:22 PM
How does a 12 year old C/AB get in to a sports bar in the first place?

Probably a place like Buffalo Wild Wings. Totally appropriate to go in uniform.  ::)

Critical AOA

This is so ridiculously funny.  Kids going to watch a cartoon and following it up with a trip to a sports bar all the while dressed in CAP uniforms and thinking they look awesome.  And to boot he states that they will be taking up a pretty good portion of the theatre.  It must be a very small theatre or a gigantic squadron.  Either way, it is a vivid imagination.   
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw