39-1 "Project" .. Who's Interested?

Started by a2capt, December 17, 2012, 09:16:02 AM

a2capt

Okay, so I have had the contents of 39-1 extracted and flowed back into a Word file for a while now and just not gotten to it.

Partially because .. I figured the moment I started on it in earnest, NHQ would actually release a new one.

Then again, if that's what it takes .. maybe it's worth it. :)

Anyhow, who's interest .. and has time to work Photoshop magic, or even just shoot some of the photos again, and lets make a "correct", albiet "unofficial" version.

Totally dump the obsolete passages, merge the mega-ICL in where it needs to be, put a disclaimer cover page on it, and include the change letter at the end anyway.

If it's not in here, it's not a current valid uniform. We can use Google Docs and when it's all ready to go again i'll re-flow it and put the graphics back inline and put a PDF on a post attachment.

Extremepredjudice

I'll help. I didn't acquire CS6 for it to collect dust on my solid state drives.

Tell me what needs to be fixed, and I'll do my best.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

krnlpanick

Count me in on this as well - having something that is up to date would be a tremendous help to a lot of people!  :clap:
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

JeffDG

Like the idea of doing it in something like Google Docs...

I mean now with only CAP/CC needing to approve regulation changes (no NB or NEC), that would be a fantastic way to keep regulations up to date...no ICL required, simply issue a revision.

Luis R. Ramos

You said it.

>:D

As soon as I saw this thread, now there is a letter from the boss stating 39-1 will be getting a major review!

:angel:

Good work...

:clap:

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

PHall

Quote from: flyer333555 on December 18, 2012, 04:32:29 PM
You said it.

>:D

As soon as I saw this thread, now there is a letter from the boss stating 39-1 will be getting a major review!

Good work...

:clap:

Flyer

The fact that the Administrator of this website and one of the regular posters are both members of the National Uniform Commitee probably had nothing to do with it... ::)

Ned

^^ and as it turns out, the NUC met last night.  A subcommittee has completed the first draft of the revisions to the Chapters 1-4, and begun work on chapter five.

It is painful, difficult work.  I am glad I am not on the subcommitee.

Luis R. Ramos

Phall-

QuoteThe fact that the Administrator of this website and one of the regular posters are both members of the National Uniform Commitee...

My comment comes in their timing.

We are hearing about this coming from NHQ for, what? The past year or more. Ned has announced it several times. But they announced it just when a2capt posted his project. Not before he posted it.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

The CyBorg is destroyed

You are no doubt sincere and doing your best to conjure, codify, etc. a 39-1.

However, I am highly sceptical that you will succeed.

Not because of your lack of ability or your lack of genuine effort.  Both are there, in significant quantity.  I truly applaud and salute you. :clap:

I just do not believe that there will ever be a concurrence within CAP on uniform issues, except where the colour grey is concerned.

I think it was Sir Winston Churchill who said, "at the end of the day, what's the good of busting your guts if all you're left with is a mess on the floor?"
Exiled from GLR-MI-011