Charlie flight chants.

Started by Assassin, December 13, 2012, 06:42:26 AM

Assassin

I am to be Charlie flight commander at an upcoming encampment, our flight name is the charlie chiefs does anyone have any ideas for chants that use charlie chiefs?
C/2nd LT
C/Cadet Commander, Squadron CAC  Representative

PHall

Isn't this something that you and the flight come up with during encampment?
You know, that morale thing and all that rot!

Assassin

Our squadron commander is having us come up with this now.. i had the same thought as you on this..
C/2nd LT

Eclipse

Quote from: Assassin on December 13, 2012, 07:25:44 AM
Our squadron commander is having us come up with this now.. i had the same thought as you on this..

Your encampment squadron commander or your home unit commander?
Many encampments allow only approved chants and jodies, best to leave this for when you get there or to whatever the guide says.

"That Others May Zoom"

Assassin

Encampment squadron commander. Sorry for the confusion.
C/2nd LT

Eclipse

In that case, having at it is what's been asked, so have at it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Cool Mace

I've always tried to come up with a chant before encampment, then come up with one with the flight/squadron once it starts.

I'll try to think of something for you, if you want. But my creative juices aren't flowing at the moment.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

AngelWings

Charlie flight brings the pain, Charlie flight makes it rain, Charlie flight owns this place, All the other flights can about face, Charlie, CHIEFS!

Assassin

Thank you all for you willingness to help. We got one worked up for the deadline.

Thanks
C/2nd LT

PHall

Love your Encampment Squadron Commander's priorities. A great deal of time and attention wasted on Flight chants.
Does that mean that all of the Flight Staffs in their Squadron know how to teach all of the material that their flights are expected to master during encampment?
And that the Flight Staff's themselves have mastered all of the material?

Brad

Quote from: PHall on December 15, 2012, 02:33:29 PM
Love your Encampment Squadron Commander's priorities. A great deal of time and attention wasted on Flight chants.
Does that mean that all of the Flight Staffs in their Squadron know how to teach all of the material that their flights are expected to master during encampment?

It could be the Encampment Squadron CC is asking them to come up with it ahead of time so that when encampment comes around they don't have to waste said great deal of time and attention during that valuable encampment time thinking up said chant.

Also, how do you know that the Commander isn't asking his/her flight staff to do other things? I for one hope this is just one of a slew of duties that the Commander is asking of the staff, in order to better teach them organizational, leadership, and followership skills.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

PHall

Quote from: Brad on December 15, 2012, 08:28:55 PM
Quote from: PHall on December 15, 2012, 02:33:29 PM

It could be the Encampment Squadron CC is asking them to come up with it ahead of time so that when encampment comes around they don't have to waste said great deal of time and attention during that valuable encampment time thinking up said chant.

Also, how do you know that the Commander isn't asking his/her flight staff to do other things? I for one hope this is just one of a slew of duties that the Commander is asking of the staff, in order to better teach them organizational, leadership, and followership skills.

Coming up with a Flight Chant can happan at Encampment. Shouldn't take more then 10 minutes, tops.

crogers

We used to cuss we used to fight, but now we strive for honor flight looks to your left look to your right we are the great Charlie Flight.