Honor Guard Academy 2013?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, December 05, 2012, 06:11:32 AM

Texas Raiders

What ceremonial duty is most common for CAP HG/ceremonial details?  From personal experience, I would tend to believe that color guard would be the most common. 
SM Randy Patterson
DPO
399th Comp. Squadron,  Danbury, CT "Yankee Hatters"
IAFF Local 1567
USCG- 1998-2010   Boatswain's Mate
Former member of the old 273rd/ Mid-County Composite Squadron, Nederland, Texas- 1994-2000

spaatzmom

Quote from: Texas Raiders on December 18, 2012, 06:21:37 PM
What ceremonial duty is most common for CAP HG/ceremonial details?  From personal experience, I would tend to believe that color guard would be the most common.

The answer would vary greatly with the community outreach achieved with the powers that be.  Example, in Fl. when my son was the C/NCOIC and the SM Wing HG Commander, both at wing level, funerals were the mainstay of the HG.  Color Guard and cordons for various events were next.  Fl has a very large Veteran population ans several active military bases that the HG would support in addition to what was requested of them within CAP.

Texas Raiders

Quote from: spaatzmom on December 18, 2012, 06:46:56 PM
Quote from: Texas Raiders on December 18, 2012, 06:21:37 PM

The answer would vary greatly with the community outreach achieved with the powers that be.  Example, in Fl. when my son was the C/NCOIC and the SM Wing HG Commander, both at wing level, funerals were the mainstay of the HG.  Color Guard and cordons for various events were next.  Fl has a very large Veteran population ans several active military bases that the HG would support in addition to what was requested of them within CAP.

Thanks for the response.  I agree.  I can certainly see why FL Wing's HG keeps busy with funeral details.  A lot of people retire to FL and live out their remaining days.  I have mixed feelings regarding CAP providing funeral detail to non-CAP members.  I believe that a veteran deserves to have honors rendered by his/her respective branch and that branch should do everything within their power to provide them.  However, I fully support CAP rendered honors in times when the veteran's branch is unable to provide them. 

Anyone else care to chime in with their bid for most commonly used CAP ceremonial detail?
SM Randy Patterson
DPO
399th Comp. Squadron,  Danbury, CT "Yankee Hatters"
IAFF Local 1567
USCG- 1998-2010   Boatswain's Mate
Former member of the old 273rd/ Mid-County Composite Squadron, Nederland, Texas- 1994-2000

Майор Хаткевич

Flag ceremonies, parades, annual parties, big unit ceremonies. That's our extent.

BillB

I have been to several veterans funerals at Florida National cemeteries, including one that was a former CAP member. And I have never seen a CAP Honor Guard or even color guard at these.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

spaatzmom

Quote from: BillB on December 19, 2012, 01:00:37 AM
I have been to several veterans funerals at Florida National cemeteries, including one that was a former CAP member. And I have never seen a CAP Honor Guard or even color guard at these.

Sorry you missed the dozens that were performed many at National cemeteries.  I remember one specifically at Bushnell for a CAP member from the Palatka area.  They had a CAP flyover too, it was very nicely done by the cadets.

Honor Guard services need to be requested by the family.  I am sure that there are many families unaware they can have this service provided and then there are some who may not want it, whatever the case, it is up to them.