Main Menu

Praise for Vanguard

Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 21, 2012, 09:53:50 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Despite issues that day, I was able to place an order on the 15th. My order totaled $112, and I was offered the option of free shipping with a 3-5 day processing time. This seemed acceptable to me, and I went ahead with my order for free shipping.

On the 17th I received notice from Vanguard that my order had already been shipped, and was coming to me via UPS 2nd Day service.

Today on the 21st (2 Business days later), I'm writing this comment to say that the handling time was very reasonable and under the posted timeframe, the order was shipped via 2nd day and arrived in perfect condition, and all of the items are of good quality (total of 19 line items), and all are present and in the correct amounts.

Since I work in ecommerce, I felt like Vanguard deserves its due when it does right. I always hear from the "extremely unhappy" clients, but only rarely from the really happy folks. Those who are satisfied are also typically very quiet. I think this is also the case for big V.

Thanks Vanguard for (once again) great service!  :clap:

Eclipse

Do not, under any circumstances, think for a minute that facts will be a substitute for assumptions and histrionics.

Don't even try it.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

I will say that Vanguard has gotten much better over the years. They still lack in a few areas in my opinion, but their shipping department and their quality of workmanship have both increased greatly.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

RogueLeader

As some people operate: Don't bore me with the facts, my mind is made up!

I know they have gotten better.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Walkman

I haven't had any issues with Vanguard. They always ship quickly and I get it quickly. I needed a polo for a meeting as I got fat and didn't have any of the corp. uniforms. I kept forgetting to order it until it was almost too late. They helped me out by getting it shipped the same day and I was good to go.

Майор Хаткевич

Funny thing, I get into the meeting last night, somehow a few of us get on the Big V discussion, and the first thing out of a members mouth is how much their service sucks.

Robb Ottenhoff

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 21, 2012, 09:53:50 PM
Despite issues that day, I was able to place an order on the 15th. My order totaled $112, and I was offered the option of free shipping with a 3-5 day processing time. This seemed acceptable to me, and I went ahead with my order for free shipping.

On the 17th I received notice from Vanguard that my order had already been shipped, and was coming to me via UPS 2nd Day service.

Today on the 21st (2 Business days later), I'm writing this comment to say that the handling time was very reasonable and under the posted timeframe, the order was shipped via 2nd day and arrived in perfect condition, and all of the items are of good quality (total of 19 line items), and all are present and in the correct amounts.

Since I work in ecommerce, I felt like Vanguard deserves its due when it does right. I always hear from the "extremely unhappy" clients, but only rarely from the really happy folks. Those who are satisfied are also typically very quiet. I think this is also the case for big V.

Thanks Vanguard for (once again) great service!  :clap:

(( First post!! ))

+1 for good service. 

I'm a new member and only have been dealing with Vanguard for the last 30 days, but with several orders under my belt, I find them fast and professional.  It takes time to change any organization / operation, and even more time to change (and win) the hearts and minds of those that experienced bad service.  I echo usafaux2004's comments that Vanguard  deserves recognition for when it gets it right.   I'm sure there will be times in the future where things are not 100%, but if we all acknowledge what's working with as much integrity and commitment as when we  report what's not working, I believe that we'll create a powerful partnership with Vanguard that will serve everyone.
Robb Ottenhoff, Capt, CAP
Leadership Officer
Cloverfield Composite Squadron, CAWG

jeders

So I just found out a little bit ago that I have to wear the golf shirt uniform for an activity this weekend. I placed the order online and called Vanguard. The gentleman on the phone said that I should have it by 10:30 Friday morning. I'll let you all know if I do.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

RogueLeader

Quote from: jeders on August 22, 2012, 06:04:44 PM
So I just found out a little bit ago that I have to wear the golf shirt uniform for an activity this weekend. I placed the order online and called Vanguard. The gentleman on the phone said that I should have it by 10:30 Friday morning. I'll let you all know if I do.
What activity requires the golf shirt?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Critical AOA

And why wouldn't someone have the golf shirt already?  It was the first uniform item I bought and practically the only one I and most of the members in the squadrons I have been in wear.

Do most of you actually wear the AF blues most of the time? Or do most of you normally wear the BDUs?  Just curious.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 22, 2012, 11:16:30 PM
And why wouldn't someone have the golf shirt already?  It was the first uniform item I bought and practically the only one I and most of the members in the squadrons I have been in wear.

Do most of you actually wear the AF blues most of the time? Or do most of you normally wear the BDUs?  Just curious.

I don't own the shirt. Don't plan on getting it - ever.

The G/W is the MINIMUM, UNIFORM.

Critical AOA

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 22, 2012, 11:20:23 PM

Is there a regulation that requires that as the minimum?
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Eclipse

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 22, 2012, 11:30:24 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 22, 2012, 11:20:23 PM

Is there a regulation that requires that as the minimum?

Yes, 39-1, page 8.  It stipulates that all senior members are required to equip themselves with either the blues or the whites.

Contrary to wives tales, the golf shirt is not the basic uniform for anyone.

"That Others May Zoom"

rustyjeeper

BBDU's for me............ at least until ABU's get authorized >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on August 22, 2012, 11:40:52 PM
Contrary to wives tales, the golf shirt is not the basic uniform for anyone.

What he said.

gonzo36

Vanguard may not be the best, but it is the only place you can get specific uniform items that surplus stores or areas dont have. They are improving however, it may be too early to start praising them.

It is like when you first start in CAP, your not good at everything so you mess up ocasionally (or a lot), but within time, you improve your qualities and the result is a better Cadet/Senior Member.

So its safe to say that it is now a GOOD and reliable place that you can depend on getting certain items.
Diego G. Gonzalez, C/SMSgt, CAP
1st Sergeant
Sq. 36 "EXCEED THE CHALLENGE" PCR-CA-334
"Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."
gonzo.cap36@gmail.com

Critical AOA

CAPM 39-1 describes it this way "Men's and Women's Golf Shirt/Summer Uniform".  Note the use of the word "uniform".

RogueLeader

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 23, 2012, 04:05:36 PM
CAPM 39-1 describes it this way "Men’s and Women’s Golf Shirt/Summer Uniform".  Note the use of the word "uniform".

We know that it is a . . ahem. . . "uniform"  However, it is not the BASIC uniform that is required by CAPM 39-1.
Quote from: CAPM39-1http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/m391_e6f33eaaec28a.pdf
1-5. Uniform Combinations. Various combinations of CAP uniforms are authorized in order to allow
for various climatic conditions, availability of uniforms, etc., but no member is obligated to equip
himself/herself with all or even a major part of the combinations described in this publication. Members
will equip themselves with the basic uniform. The minimum basic uniforms for male and female cadets
and senior members, which will satisfy most occasions, are listed below.
Members may obtain and wear
the additional uniform items authorized in this publication on an optional basis. Uniform clothing may
be altered to improve fit. However, alterations must not change the intended appearance of garment as
designed. It is the member’s personal responsibility to equip himself/herself with a proper uniform.
Commanders may assist if they have the capability, through use of unit funds and/or donations or by
acquiring surplus uniforms. Cadets are required to have the minimum basic uniform. A commander
may require cadets to wear other optional uniform items only if the purchase is voluntary or if the
uniform is supplied without expense to the cadet. The omission of a specific item or appearance standard
does not automatically permit its wear.
a. Minimum Basic Service Uniform. Male: Short-sleeve, light blue shirt; dark blue trousers; blue
belt/silver buckle, blue flight cap; black shoes, and socks. Insignia: CAP nameplate, shoulder patch,
collar/lapel insignia, embroidered epaulet sleeve, and flight cap emblem. Female: Short-sleeve light
blue blouse; Dark blue skirt or slacks; flight cap; neutral nylon hose; black shoes; black handbag.
Insignia: CAP nameplate, shoulder patch, collar/lapel insignia, embroidered epaulet sleeve, and flight
cap emblem.
b. CAP Distinctive Basic Uniform (senior members only). Male: Short-sleeve, white aviator shirt;
gray trousers; black belt; black shoes and socks. Insignia: CAP nameplate, embroidered epaulet sleeve.
Female: Short-sleeve, white aviator shirt; gray slacks or skirt; plain black shoes. Insignia: CAP
nameplate, embroidered epaulet sleeve.

edited for emphasis
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jeders

CAPM 39-1 describes it this way "Men's and Women's Golf Shirt/Summer Uniform".  Note the use of the word "uniform".

You're point? The golf shirt uniform is an OPTIONAL uniform. It is not, nor does it even come close to being, the minimum basic REQUIRED uniform.

Critical AOA

Quote from: jeders on August 23, 2012, 04:27:12 PM

You're point? The golf shirt uniform is an OPTIONAL uniform. It is not, nor does it even come close to being, the minimum basic REQUIRED uniform.

Do you mean "your point?"  or better yet "What is your point?".   ::)