Main Menu

Ribbon Rack

Started by C/2d Lt, August 20, 2012, 01:52:43 AM

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Eclipse on September 05, 2012, 03:14:29 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 05, 2012, 02:52:39 PM
I'm not in a place where I can quote the 39-1, but I am pretty sure there is a line about cadets being able to drop their stack off of their shirt. I have never seen any cadet do this, nor would I promote it, but that is something I am pretty sure I saw in the 39-1.

Meaning the option to not wear ribbons?

For cadets, on the shirt, it has to be "all or none", but none is always an option.
thanks, that's what I thought.

Garibaldi

At one encampment BITD, the commander had said that no one would wear ribbons for the simple reason that not everyone HAD ribbons, and he wanted a uniform look. That lasted one encampment.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Ned

Ribbons seem incompatible with the great majority of encampment in any event.  Cadets are in BDUs or PT gear almost all of the time.  And ribbons just looks silly on PT gear.   8)

Ribbons would certainly seem appropriate for the graduation parade or similar event, but not for normal duty at encampment.

Ned Lee
(30+ encampments)

Майор Хаткевич

I always thought that the clean basics student Blues with no ribbons work best. You can have C/Amn - C/CMSgt in a flight. One can have 1 ribbon, the other 8+.

Eclipse

Quote from: Garibaldi on September 05, 2012, 04:08:52 PM
At one encampment BITD, the commander had said that no one would wear ribbons for the simple reason that not everyone HAD ribbons, and he wanted a uniform look. That lasted one encampment.

We have the Flight CC and Sgt wear ribbons and ties, the basics students may wear badges but no ribbons, and no ties.

"That Others May Zoom"

Abby.L

Quote from: Ned on September 05, 2012, 04:27:19 PM
Ribbons seem incompatible with the great majority of encampment in any event.  Cadets are in BDUs or PT gear almost all of the time.  And ribbons just looks silly on PT gear.   8)

Ribbons would certainly seem appropriate for the graduation parade or similar event, but not for normal duty at encampment.

Ned Lee
(30+ encampments)

It's funny, because I don't think I ever wore my ribbons at my basic encampment. Back then, I was really annoyed with that, but now, I don't really care as that's the way I wear the shirt now. Though, it was a rather questionable decision by the cadet commander, as ribbons would have looked really sharp for the pass and review.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Майор Хаткевич

I'm sure the average 2.35 ribbons per cadet would have looked real sharp.

Garibaldi

Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 06, 2012, 04:40:16 AM
I'm sure the average 2.35 ribbons per cadet would have looked real sharp.

Yeah but who wants to wear 35% of a ribbon?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things