CAPP 52-24

Started by Eclipse, August 09, 2012, 01:47:47 AM

a2capt

Oh, duh. All they did was take text from 39-1, and add one paragraph to it, with a pasted in photo.

Not really a letter, then.

Anyone gonna post it, as Ned says it's okay?  :) First thing I checked was that proving grounds page ..

Garibaldi

Quote from: a2capt on August 09, 2012, 04:57:32 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on August 09, 2012, 04:32:27 AMFor those of you interested, this is the letter we received.
That photo, and that letter, are the product of a recent encampment? (I know, that thread, this thread, etc..) but it says CAPMart in the text of the letter, and it's not signed by anyone. One would think that anyone that high up involved at NHQ today would know that CAPMart has not existed in many years. ;)

The incident was at a MAWG encampment recently(?)...the topic was a hot button for many of us here. At some point, the kid who had originated the hat had written on facebook to say that he was glad they had brought it back, because "they tried to take it away from me", which tells me that this has been going on for quite some time. There were numerous glaring violations in the pictures posted as well.

Here's the link to the original thread: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=15829.60
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on August 09, 2012, 01:47:47 AM
the basics.

Quote from: Eclipse on August 09, 2012, 04:28:59 AM
the basics.

I am intrigued. I wonder what the new sanctioned term for first time attendees is.

I saw the "emphasis on PT", and "not just attendance" comments, and I'm curious. Since we do have cadets with physical disabilities, does the guide provide for a workaround for them? If it's not included I bet it will be the next big THING to be discussed.

Eclipse

There's only comment on reasonable accommodation, just like 52-16 and other policies.   One presumes the the PT categories would still apply as normal.

As to the "more then attendance" - there will be testing after each class, and a cadet must achieve a cumulative 80% to graduate.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on August 09, 2012, 03:09:33 PM
There's only comment on reasonable accommodation, just like 52-16 and other policies.   One presumes the the PT categories would still apply as normal.

As to the "more then attendance" - there will be testing after each class, and a cadet must achieve a cumulative 80% to graduate.

Interesting (and I suppose good move). Does that mean the class prep folks now need to write a test?

NCRblues

Well, since the great Ned Lee said it was ok to post it... Here it is! In the words of a famous baseball announcer "Go crazy folks, go crazy"  (but not to crazy I hope, I really like what this is aiming to do)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NCRblues on August 09, 2012, 03:15:54 PM
Well, since the great Ned Lee said it was ok to post it... Here it is! In the words of a famous baseball announcer "Go crazy folks, go crazy"  (but not to crazy I hope, I really like what this is aiming to do)

4 minutes, 3 downloads. For this time of day on CT...

Eclipse

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 09, 2012, 03:12:20 PM
Interesting (and I suppose good move). Does that mean the class prep folks now need to write a test?

Looks like - although it also appears that a lot of the classes will be provided by NHQ, and the AE classes are from the AE curriculum.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on August 09, 2012, 01:47:47 AM
the basics.

Since it's posted.

First year cadets, "in ranks" will now be referred to as "students".  "Doolies", "rooks", and other slang are specifically prohibited.

Cadet staff will be referred to as "cadre".

TAC officers will be referred to as "Training Officers".

Cool by me...

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

No more TACOs!?

Oh well. I suppose "students" works. Since it's not BCT, they aren't "Basics". Though given the other terms used, "basics" was ok.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

NCRblues

I hated the word "TACO"

I did not mind the word "TAC" (training, advising and counseling)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on August 09, 2012, 04:19:21 PM
I hated the word "TACO"

I did not mind the word "TAC" (training, advising and counseling)

Ditto, though my impression was that "Teach / Advise / Counsel" was a retcon of the derogatory "TACO" based on "TAC Officer"

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

I wonder who the first cadet to put TAC-O on paper and call it taco was...

NC Hokie

Quote from: NCRblues on August 09, 2012, 03:16:06 AM
It is open for comment from wing commanders and DCP's first.

From the comments I have heard today alone, the gnashing and wailing has started from DCP's already.

9 hours of uninterrupted sleep for basics

8 hours of uninterrupted sleep for cadet staff

I'm just a lowly CDC, but I have to question this difference in sleep hours based on the justification used in the publication.  If 9 hours are required for students "per pediatric guidelines for teens," how is it that cadre are magically able to get by with only 8 hours?  They're teens too, right?  Seems to me that there should be one standard, since students and cadre (with few exceptions) are all teens.

Also, it will be interesting to see how much time cadre and staff members spend telling students to "knock it off" after lights out each night.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

HGjunkie

A *minimum* of 20 minutes per cadet to eat?

That's kind of ridiculous actually, it shouldn't take 20 minutes to eat during encampment.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

Quote from: HGjunkie on August 09, 2012, 04:51:32 PM

That's kind of ridiculous actually, it shouldn't take 20 minutes to eat during encampment.

It's called "chewing" - yo might try it sometime...

"That Others May Zoom"

68w20

Quote from: HGjunkie on August 09, 2012, 04:51:32 PM

Why not?  What training purpose does eating quickly serve?

HGjunkie

A full plate of food can realistically be finished off in 10 minutes, maybe less if you're focused on actually eating. Especially since things like Stews, Chili and Rice are easy to get down without much effort.

Eating within a more reasonable time frame promotes time management, frees up more training time for the cadets, and while some may not agree it does lean towards the more intense encampment environment that some cadets attend to be exposed to.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF