Main Menu

Ranger Headgear

Started by ranger_freak, June 18, 2012, 06:46:47 PM

ranger_freak

I propose that CAP Members Ranger 1st Class and higher should be awarded a Orange Beret, with a Hawk Mountain Logo for the emblem pin...who here agrees with me.

Angus

Oh joy another ranger topic.

I don't agree as not many people have attend HMRS and to boot there are things you learn there that you'll never use. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

ranger_freak

Quote from: Flint on June 18, 2012, 06:51:15 PM

I don't agree as not many people have attend HMRS and to boot there are things you learn there that you'll never use.

Like what...could you name at least ten things...that's one for each day your at Hawk for the summer school?

Major Lord

Until today, I was not sure I supported euthanasia.....But it may be the most compassionate option.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Pylon

Quote from: ranger_freak on June 18, 2012, 06:46:47 PMwho here agrees with me.

I don't think you'll find a single supporter among the members here.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Major Carrales

While I do not really support the idea of such headgear , ideally, if an exception is made for one special activity then one might have precedent for others. 

The real issue lies in where this could go.  How about campaign hats for rangers (life forest rangers) or tommy helmets for people in old coastal patrol units.  Or a cowboy hat or Stetson for the Texas Wing Lone Star Emergency Services Academy.

Maybe a "system wide" cover for all such activities...or, better yet...how about none.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Angus

Quote from: ranger_freak on June 18, 2012, 06:52:19 PM

Like what...could you name at least ten things...that's one for each day your at Hawk for the summer school?

My question, how long have you been in the program?  Also have you been to any other activities other than HMRS? 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

PHall

Don't feed the TROLL folks. ::)

Майор Хаткевич

Anything and everything that is "Ranger" Specific to begin with...

ranger_freak

Quote from: usafaux2004 on June 18, 2012, 07:23:59 PM

Your logic and argument stand on weak ground, my good Sir.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: ranger_freak on June 18, 2012, 07:31:05 PM

How so? Anything outside of the GTM training is not something you'd be allowed to perform on ANY CAP mission.

Angus

Quote from: usafaux2004 on June 18, 2012, 07:33:34 PM
Quote from: ranger_freak on June 18, 2012, 07:31:05 PM

How so? Anything outside of the GTM training is not something you'd be allowed to perform on ANY CAP mission.

It's burried on a thread somewhere so use the serach function but I remember reading some GTL left a person behind cause he was one of your elitest Rangers.  he show's up to prosecute a mission with his ladder laced boots and rope tied around his waist if I remember.  this just goes to show that these "rangers" are a waste of time.  If you want to call yourself a "Ranger" go join the U.S. Ranger Corps along with He Who Shall Not Be Named and have a ball. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

bflynn

Tell you what - get the AD Rangers to sign off on the idea and I'll support it.

Until then...just realize that a beret is a stupid piece of military headgear.  One ear is cold, one is hot, it smells when it gets wet, needs a ton of maintenance, it's hard to get set correctly and you have to reshape it constantly to get the right fit - this is all from experience, I eventually gave it up and just wore the BDU hat.  If that weren't enough it is also an appropriately fussy French fashion statement by young women.

Pylon

Here's the thing.  Civil Air Patrol has an established system for recognizing participation in special activities.  Every special activity and NCSA is unique and they run the gamut from ES-training to career-familiarization to skill-building (like Flight Academy).  Yet, with the huge amount of awesomness and uniqueness found in all of our various activities, we've found a system of recognition that works for darn near all of them: an activity patch with a standard placement on the BDU and corporate field uniform left chest pocket (you even get to pick, as an individual, which activity patch you're personally most proud of and wear that one, if you choose to) and on the blues, NCSAs get the NCSA ribbon.

Why is HMRS so different from every single CAP special activity (many of which are equally awesome, useful, and well-attended) that it can't possibly have recognition which fits into the system of recognition that, as an organization, we've already developed and adopted for special activities?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Noble Six

HMRS has better cool aid [sarcasm]
United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

Angus

I'd have to agree about their Kool Aid.
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

ol'fido

Humility is apparently off the list. Otherwise, I agree don't feed the troll.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NCRblues

Wait wait...

Do the "rangers" have not just an authorized ranger tab but also a normal NCSA patch, boot laces, pistol belts, orange hats (ranger rolled to the nth degree) and ascots?

Now you need a beret as well huh?

RANGER THAT  ::)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

commando1

I normally don't post meme's...
But when I do, its about "rangers..."
http://cheezburger.com/6346446848
Non Timebo Mala

sarmed1

Quote from: ranger_freak on June 18, 2012, 06:46:47 PM
I propose that CAP Members Ranger 1st Class and higher should be awarded a Orange Beret, with a Hawk Mountain Logo for the emblem pin...who here agrees with me.

If this was facebook I would choose to DISLIKE this idea.......  Until there is a clearly defined "skill set" that a "Ranger" qualified GTM brings to the mission table I dont see the need for any kind of recognition beyond what there already is

Quote from: usafaux2004 on June 18, 2012, 07:33:34 PM

perhaps you should re-read the 60-3: 1-31 a-d...it starts on page 19.
Quotec. The following technical or specialized operations are considered acceptable but still require prior written approval:
(1) Technical (Rope) Rescue or Mountain Rescue
(2) Canine Search and Rescue
(3) Mounted Search and Rescue
(4) Urban Search and Rescue
Additional areas will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Questions on other areas should be addressed to the NHQ CAP/DO.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel