Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 11:38:37 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: CAPTalk's 2nd Anniversary!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CAPTalk's 2nd Anniversary!  (Read 3989 times)
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-038

Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« on: February 06, 2007, 04:33:37 PM »

CAPTalk Turns Two Years Old Today!

It's unbelievable that CAPTalk has already reached the two year mark.  Jerry and I are glad to be able to say we've made it to this important milestone and see the forums going strong.  Every day, our community gains new members and generates new topics of discussion.  I see CAP members experienced and new alike sharing conversation, exchanging ideas, discussing opinions.

The professional standard by which we've held our discussions has also been an important piece of the community since its inception.  I'm glad to see that standard, which was created from our original vision for this community, is still in place and being upheld.  The entire membership deserves a round of applause.

We're growing faster than ever.  In November, we broke the 100,000 hits per month barrier -- a first in CAPTalk's history.  The very next month, we broke 200,000 hits.  Even more amazing, the month after in January, we scored over 300,000 hits!   I'm amazed at the positive growth, not only in hits, but in the number of new discussions and posts being generated by an ever-increasing community membership.   Since CAPTalk does not advertise, new members are brought to the fold by word-of-mouth alone!

However, we're not ready to be complacent.  CAPTalk still has a long way to go to becoming the gold-mine resource for CAP members that we've intended for it to be. 

We'd like to see more discussions on professional matters themselves -- the jobs of CAP, if you will.  What it takes to be a successful [insert your duty here], tips and hints that have worked for you, programs, locally-developed curriculum and classes, handy tools, and more.  We're looking at ways to increase the professional development resources and topics and to encourage experienced members to share what knowledge they have.  In addition, specific job-related discussions will be encouraged, such as discussions between chaplains, safety officers, logistics officers, etc.   Professional Groups may even be formed to facilitate this.

More cadet participation and discussion on the cadet programs and aerospace education missions are also areas we'd like to see increase.   The more CAPTalk can be a vehicle for education, resources, and information to CAP members nationwide, the happier we'll be.

Let's work together to continue to improve CAPTalk, to continue to invite our friends and colleagues to the website to join in the discussions, and to continue to uphold the high standards of our community.  On behalf of the entire CAPTalk staff, thank you all for being a part of the last two years.  I'm looking forward to many more!

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
Al Sayre
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: SER-MS-001

Mississippi Wing
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 04:50:38 PM »

Congratulations gentlemen!
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787
SAR-EMT1

Unit: GLR-IL-328

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 05:12:36 PM »

Congrats to the creators/ moderators.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student
bosshawk

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »

Congratulations, guys.  You serve a very useful purpose for all of us.  Hopefully, some of the Wing Kings and National folks are reading what is said, from time to time.  Even more importantly, lets keep the ideas coming and the civility continuing.

Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777
Major Carrales

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 02:40:26 AM »

Thanks and Kudos to Pylon, Mike and the rest of his staff!!!  HIP HIP Hooray!!!

There is lots of potential here, let us work together to make it even better yet!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: CAPTalk's 2nd Anniversary!