Are CAP Pilots Flying Enough?

Started by simon, July 24, 2011, 09:52:35 PM

Flyer

SM CAP

SunDog

recent experience is a good measure, likely as good as total time, after a certain threshold. When I fly a lot in short time period, I'm a bit sharper.

But light aircraft ain't the space shuttle - a 500 hour pilot Instrument, SEL, probably sharpens up pretty quick even after a lay-off of a few months.

Flying Pig

Ill keep this thread in mind next time a few of you want to toss out the "but we are free" argument.

a2capt

Quote from: simon on July 25, 2011, 04:53:52 AMSouthern California has 10 aircraft within a 30 minute flying distance. That is oversupply.
Except that if you're not in that GoB network, then there are still not enough. To the point of it's driven off many exiting and potential members. Especially with the Red Headed Stepchild treatment that member owned get now. As was said in another thread, I, too - have not the patience to deal with it anymore. Flying to CAP is a big pain in the rear end, both regulatory and politically.  Some of those 10 are because one unit has more than one aircraft, too.