Air Force gets fecally amalgamated on new policies!

Started by Major Lord, July 23, 2011, 06:11:25 PM

Hawk200

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 24, 2011, 11:16:06 PM
And here's the kicker: USAC and similar orgs with little tie to the US Army gets to wear subdued tapes and hard rank while members of the US Air Force Auxiliary who provide thousands of hours of service annually to Ma Blue get stuck with funny looking tapes and an angry corps of people calling us wannabes and posers and talking very loudly about how we shouldn't have anything to do with USAF ever...
I don't think it's a case of "gets to wear", it's a case of "wears." From what I understand, they don't have near the affiliation that CAP does to the military. Or is that incorrect?

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on July 24, 2011, 08:19:22 PM
Well we are the Civil Air Patrol,

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on July 24, 2011, 08:19:22 PM
and realistically (and legally), other than restrictions on AF uniform wear, and appearance, on the Civilian uniform side, there's is a lot of wiggle room.

Unless it involves a shade of fabric other than white or grey.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 24, 2011, 09:43:37 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 24, 2011, 09:28:45 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 24, 2011, 09:07:51 PM
Quote from: JC004 on July 24, 2011, 09:02:01 PM
I just finished the design of the new branch tape:

It's the wrong color silly. It's supposed to look like this:

You probably should underline the word "CIVIL", just to be clear.
We wouldn't want to be mistaken for the military while trainspotting...

Do we have to wear our CIVIL Air Patrol uniforms when we're in our soon to be mandatory listening posts under this new uniform policy? >:D
I'm getting a good laughing on this entire posting thread ;D ;D ;D ;D.  Seriously adults worrying about whether they have a name and CAP tape that are going to match the uniform color ???    We are NOT in the military.  The AF has decided what our "distinctiveness" will be.  They are basically the money man behind our existence.  When they are not the money man, as with the US Army Cadets, than we can do what we please to do.  Otherwise it is what is and most mature adults in the program aren't losing any sleep over this and aren't going to quit the program if the blue background with white lettering remains for the utility uniforms and grey? name tags for the other blue uniforms.

Now as far as the examples go above, actually I do like the red background with white lettering -- BUT again from a practical standpoint it would cost the membership overall a significant amount of money to change over   The capitalization of CIVIL Air Patrol, is basically to bring those on the military edge back to the reality that no matter how you look at it, you (we) are ALL still CIVILIANS assisting the Air Force.  Overall I think CAP (adult members) has gotten a pretty good break from the Air Force to even wear any AF style uniform, BUT the AF is aware of the historical factor in the organization.    There's always going to be some "distinctiveness", which will always be a point of argument of either being too much or too little.  :-\
RM           

Spaceman3750

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on July 25, 2011, 01:54:32 AM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 24, 2011, 09:43:37 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 24, 2011, 09:28:45 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 24, 2011, 09:07:51 PM
Quote from: JC004 on July 24, 2011, 09:02:01 PM
I just finished the design of the new branch tape:

It's the wrong color silly. It's supposed to look like this:

You probably should underline the word "CIVIL", just to be clear.
We wouldn't want to be mistaken for the military while trainspotting...

Do we have to wear our CIVIL Air Patrol uniforms when we're in our soon to be mandatory listening posts under this new uniform policy? >:D
I'm getting a good laughing on this entire posting thread ;D ;D ;D ;D.  Seriously adults worrying about whether they have a name and CAP tape that are going to match the uniform color ???    We are NOT in the military.  The AF has decided what our "distinctiveness" will be.  They are basically the money man behind our existence.  When they are not the money man, as with the US Army Cadets, than we can do what we please to do.  Otherwise it is what is and most mature adults in the program aren't losing any sleep over this and aren't going to quit the program if the blue background with white lettering remains for the utility uniforms and grey? name tags for the other blue uniforms.

Now as far as the examples go above, actually I do like the red background with white lettering -- BUT again from a practical standpoint it would cost the membership overall a significant amount of money to change over   The capitalization of CIVIL Air Patrol, is basically to bring those on the military edge back to the reality that no matter how you look at it, you (we) are ALL still CIVILIANS assisting the Air Force.  Overall I think CAP (adult members) has gotten a pretty good break from the Air Force to even wear any AF style uniform, BUT the AF is aware of the historical factor in the organization.    There's always going to be some "distinctiveness", which will always be a point of argument of either being too much or too little.  :-\
RM         

I don't think either of us are losing sleep over this particular issue. We're simply a bit tired of your ramblings and decided to poke a little fun at them.

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^Yes, belabouring the point on the obvious.

I doubt that there's a CAP member who is not aware that we are civilians assisting the Air Force.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

JC004

JeffDG

Quote from: CyBorg on July 25, 2011, 03:04:51 AM

Excellent...I'll have y'all spelling in the Queen's English in no time...now, for your next lesson, pronouncing the "f" in lieutenant... ;D

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: JeffDG on July 25, 2011, 11:55:05 AM
Excellent...I'll have y'all spelling in the Queen's English in no time...now, for your next lesson, pronouncing the "f" in lieutenant... ;D

Already do...
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Hawk200

Quote from: JeffDG on July 25, 2011, 11:55:05 AM
Quote from: CyBorg on July 25, 2011, 03:04:51 AM

There's something amusing about someone mentioning "Queen's English" in the same sentence they said "y'all."

Al Sayre

Yes, but he did spell the contraction correctly. ;D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Hawk200

Quote from: Al Sayre on July 25, 2011, 07:22:35 PM
True, but I defy you to show me where "y'all" could remotely be considered "Queen's English."  >:D

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Al Sayre

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 25, 2011, 07:35:11 PM
Quote from: Al Sayre on July 25, 2011, 07:22:35 PM
True, but I defy you to show me where "y'all" could remotely be considered "Queen's English."  >:D

Just wander the streets of downtown New Orleans. I'm sure you'll find quite a few queens that use it on a regular basis... ;D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787