CAP Experiments Circa 2000?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, April 08, 2011, 04:21:24 AM

RVT

Quote from: Eclipse on April 25, 2011, 04:40:30 PMI was watching Mary Poppins yesterday with my nieces and nephews, and they guy with the ship on top of his house had a cadet recruiter and the Curry ribbon on. I don't have a picture of it, or I would post it.

Yes, but this movie is from 1964 and the cadet ribbons at the time were different.  So CAP copied the ribbon designs from a Disney movie.  I wonder if a C&D is on order - or else we include firing a signal canon on top of a house as part of the Curry achievement.

Cool Mace

Quote from: RVT on April 25, 2011, 05:47:31 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 25, 2011, 04:40:30 PMI was watching Mary Poppins yesterday with my nieces and nephews, and they guy with the ship on top of his house had a cadet recruiter and the Curry ribbon on. I don't have a picture of it, or I would post it.

Yes, but this movie is from 1964 and the cadet ribbons at the time were different.  So CAP copied the ribbon designs from a Disney movie.  I wonder if a C&D is on order - or else we include firing a signal canon on top of a house as part of the Curry achievement.

I wasn't thinking about the date. Good point.
I would have mind firing a canon from a roof top when I took my Curry test!
But that was a long time ago... I don't think that was even thought about with the new L2L.  ;)
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

SarDragon

Folks -

canon = the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art; or a Japanese camera brand

cannon = a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles

As for CAP stealing ribbons, the colors on the new ribbons match the colors on the olde ribbons, and the patterns are similar, so I don't think it's a big deal.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on April 25, 2011, 07:16:28 PM
Folks -

canon = the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art; or a Japanese camera brand

cannon = a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles

canon - Han shot first.

cannon - What a lot of people wish the "Special Edition" was shot out of...

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Quote from: RVT on April 25, 2011, 05:47:31 PM

The CAP ribbons aren't exclusive to CAP, many of the ribbons we wear are obsolete military ribbons (CAC= Byrd Antarctic Expedition Medal, SAR Ribbon= Presidential Unit Citation without the frame, etc). Others are used by the several  States  for National Guard awards.   The ribbon the VADM wore in Mary Poppins was probably the Order of Saints Michael and George which is one of the premier British orders of chivalry.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member