Rolling T-shirts/ Socks?

Started by AngelWings, March 05, 2011, 03:16:36 AM

AngelWings

Is it required at encampments to do the USAF BMT style foot lockers with the rolled T-shirts and socks?

MIKE

MAWG requires you to display your trash to standards... t-shirts folded, socks rolled, toiletries aligned etc.  It may not be a la Lackland, but there is a standard.
Mike Johnston

AngelWings

Quote from: MIKE on March 05, 2011, 03:21:01 AM
MAWG requires you to display your trash to standards... t-shirts folded, socks rolled, toiletries aligned etc.  It may not be a la Lackland, but there is a standard.
Thank you. I always try to be prepared and be on par with things.

Dad2-4

Simple answer: It depends on which wing's encampment you go to. What I mean is, different encampments have different requirements, different facilities, etc. Does your encampent have footlockers, wall lockers, or do you just keep everything in your luggage under you bunk with hanging uniforms on the end? Ask around with people who have been there.

PHall

Quote from: Dad2-4 on March 12, 2011, 09:41:09 AM
Simple answer: It depends on which wing's encampment you go to. What I mean is, different encampments have different requirements, different facilities, etc. Does your encampent have footlockers, wall lockers, or do you just keep everything in your luggage under you bunk with hanging uniforms on the end? Ask around with people who have been there.

You assume they will get the same facility. Don't assume.

Littleguy, you will probably get a copy of the Encampment Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) when you receive your acceptance package from your Encampment.
The SOP usually shows how they want everything folded/rolled and displayed. If you don't get it before you get there then you will get it when you get there.
And you will receive instruction on how to fold/roll your stuff while you're at Encampment.

tsrup

When you get to encampment, your assigned flight sgt will get you squared away with everything you need to know to survive encampment.  Don't worry.
Paramedic
hang-around.

Dad2-4

Quote from: PHall on March 12, 2011, 11:17:14 PMYou assume they will get the same facility. Don't assume.

You assume that I'm assuming. Of course, if no one the OP knows has been to the facility, then asking may be useless, but there's a chance that someone has been there and may have some useful information. Hense, my statement, "Ask around".

SABRE17

Or he could just ask the 5 other cadets at his unit that have attended MAWG encampment within the last two years. considering it was Ft. Devins in '09, '10, and will be in '11.

tsrup

Quote from: SABRE17 on March 13, 2011, 02:12:35 AM
Or he could just ask the 5 other cadets at his unit that have attended MAWG encampment within the last two years. considering it was Ft. Devins in '09, '10, and will be in '11.

or he could wait till he gets to encampment and ask his staff.....
Paramedic
hang-around.

Eclipse

Quote from: tsrup on March 13, 2011, 08:29:43 AM
or he could wait till he gets to encampment and ask his staff.....

Yep.  Some wings have have OI's that are so set in stone they make the Constitution look like a first draft on a cocktail napkin, others allow each year's
staff to make changes, and most evolve over time.

Just bring what they equipment list says to bring, nothing it doesn't, and wait for help from your Flight Sgt, or Flight CC as to how to config whatever
storage area you are provided. 

Many encampments don't even have foot lockers.

"That Others May Zoom"

AngelWings

We all are human, and sometimes don't think far ahead. I was looking more into "should I practice and get everything down in lock step or should I ease up and wait." I try to be has good has I can be on things. I didn't mean to cause a spark over this issue. I simply just wanted an answer, while I had some real free time (which lately has been few and far between.)

LGM30GMCC

That's a good attitude to have and will serve you well in many things...

However:
Asking a general question to a very general audience is going to get you a wide range of responses.  Every encampment everywhere is a little different. You can be given some pointers, but with WG/CC approv an encampment commander can direct just about anything as long as it is in compliance with CAP regs. Even the 'set in stone' OIs can be taken and throne on a fire if they want.

When it comes to CAP activities the best you can really do is expect some general outlines, and wait for the specifics.

Example:
PJOC is generally physically demanding. You want to be in really good shape when you go. That way, if when you arrive, it won't be as hard.

For more specific general questions (like yours) I'd ask the cadets at your unit who have been. And be prepared to realize even if they don't say it, there should be a 'When I was there, this is what happened' at the start of any statement.

Good luck and have fun. It's a core component of the program (the fun.)