Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 11:50:32 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tall Tales  |  Topic: Drill Screw Ups
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Drill Screw Ups  (Read 6413 times)
jimmydeanno
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: ǝnƃoɹ

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 12:49:34 PM »

Don't forget that there is also the clause in the 36-2203 that says:

If a command is improperly given, the individuals execute the movement to the best of their ability.

So if the flight sergeant is new and still hasn't figured everything out yet, it is still the flight's responsibility to stop when he says, "Uh, Squa...Flight, Er...STOP!"

I would assume that the same would apply when some joker decides to change the words during a Pass in Review ("[urinate] IN MY SHOE!", or "SMASH ELEPHANT [Cojones]") that they would still be expected to call "Column of Flights, Right Flight, Column Right, MARCH!" or put their hands down when someone says, "Order, PIZZA."  After all, what other command could the flight sergeant be giving in that situation? 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:52:53 PM by MIKE » Logged
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill
commando1
Forum Regular

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 06:23:48 PM »

or put their hands down when someone says, "Order, PIZZA."  After all, what other command could the flight sergeant be giving in that situation? 
Maybe the cadets should look at their flight sergeant and determine how hungry he is?  >:D
Non Timebo Mala
HGjunkie

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 08:37:19 PM »

Speaking of order pizza...

I did that at the last meeting I went to. One of the cadets actually fell out of flight, walked up to a senior member, and asked the SM to order him some pizza. We all got a good laugh out of that one.
retired
C1C USAFA
lordmonar
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 04:34:57 PM »

If a command is improperly given, the individuals execute the movement to the best of their ability.

So if the flight sergeant is new and still hasn't figured everything out yet, it is still the flight's responsibility to stop when he says, "Uh, Squa...Flight, Er...STOP!"

I would assume that the same would apply when some joker decides to change the words during a Pass in Review ("[urinate] IN MY SHOE!", or "SMASH ELEPHANT [Cojones]") that they would still be expected to call "Column of Flights, Right Flight, Column Right, MARCH!" or put their hands down when someone says, "Order, PIZZA."  After all, what other command could the flight sergeant be giving in that situation?

One of the reasons why I don't like to play Drill Down by trying to trick the particpants.

It is just as easy to get a bunch of "inspectors" and be really, really, really picky about attention to detail.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP
Pacific Region
davidsinn

Unit: NW-IN

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »

One of the reasons why I don't like to play Drill Down by trying to trick the particpants.

It is just as easy to get a bunch of "inspectors" and be really, really, really picky about attention to detail.

According to the rules of the game you aren't supposed to trick them. The idea is to get them to learn it and what better way then extreme attention to detail?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tall Tales  |  Topic: Drill Screw Ups