Speed Enforced by Aircraft

Started by Flying Pig, February 04, 2011, 08:12:52 PM

Flying Pig

manfredvonrichthofen

Oh, I'll say something. It is about dang time they started doing something about speeders. Now they just need to have a method of administering a Breathalyzer from the air and start taking care of that problem too.

Eclipse

Awesome.

Speed enforcement by aircraft has been common in my area as long as I can remember...

"That Others May Zoom"

Chief2009

Some of my favorite pics on this subject...

DN
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

blackrain

Traffic enforcement in Iraq. I think this was the mortar team that fired at us....Hellfire means never having to say you are sorry. >:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbz5jPevkWk
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

ol'fido

As you drive along I-57,I-24, and I-64 in Southern Illinois, you will notice large signs with the mile post number on them. These are mostly faded and overgrown and the timing lines on the interstate itself disappeared several resurfacings ago. These harken back to the days of 55 MPH speed limits, CBers, and "There's a Bear in the air up there!" from the 70's and early 80's. Definitely "Old School".
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SarDragon

Out west off the Mississippi, you'll see little airplanes painted on the road. The "bears in the air" use them for speed enforcement. So far, I've managed not to run afoul of them.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bosshawk

The CA Highway Patrol uses aircraft all the time for speed enforcement.  Of course, they only have 14 planes for a state this size.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

jks19714

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 04, 2011, 08:12:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2xnWYx8YK8

Im not even gonna say anything........

Use of excessive force in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been authorized.

8)
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

GroundHawg

Ohio Highway Patrol uses air to give tickets. You try and not be late coming home from Kings Island ;D