Main Menu

Dec 2010 BoG Meeting

Started by Ned, December 09, 2010, 04:03:18 AM

JC004

Quote from: Ned on December 12, 2010, 05:11:14 AM
Another example of the outstanding new materials published by the CP shop at NHQ.  The tiny four-empolyee shop is responsible for supporting the largest single mission of CAP - our cadet program.  And they have a laser-like focus on supporting local units.

w00t

JeffDG

Quote from: FW on December 11, 2010, 09:53:46 PM
Oh, and just for some historical perspective; the vast majority of MARB decisions sustained the commanders' actions over the years.  As, almost all actions have been proper and have followed proper procedures.

Looking at https://www.capnhq.gov/news/Report_of_Recent_Membership_Action_Review_Board_Cases_MAR_10.pdf I wouldn't call it an vast majority.  By my count:

Upheld:  6
Reversed:  4
Partially Reversed: 1
Refused to Hear (out of time): 3
Refused to Hear (other): 3

So of the 11 decided on the merits (rather than on purely procedural grounds), 5 deemed at least part of the commander's action to be improper.

SarDragon

That linky will not work directly from the post. You need to be logged in to eServices.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JeffDG

Quote from: SarDragon on December 15, 2010, 09:15:40 PM
That linky will not work directly from the post. You need to be logged in to eServices.

Take the "," off then end.  For some reason, it put it in the url...let me edit it.

FW

The published report in eservices only goes back a couple of years.  And, of the 17 cases brought before the MARB in the report, the 6 cases they didn't hear would all have been upheld.  The MARB can waive the time limit rule if it so desires.  For older reports, you must go back to copies of the CAP NEWS.  I know my memory isn't the best but..... ;)

JeffDG

Quote from: FW on December 15, 2010, 09:57:41 PM
The published report in eservices only goes back a couple of years.  And, of the 17 cases brought before the MARB in the report, the 6 cases they didn't hear would all have been upheld.  The MARB can waive the time limit rule if it so desires.  For older reports, you must go back to copies of the CAP NEWS.  I know my memory isn't the best but..... ;)

My original intent when I started looking was to back you up with hard numbers...just surprising how close it was!