Main Menu

Michigan Wing Status?

Started by CAPOfficer, July 26, 2010, 04:01:28 PM

FW

Quote from: LeoBurke on August 01, 2010, 02:49:53 AM
OK and I just realized I gotta fix that sig block.

Yes, Leo.  The sig block is now way off. 
It's about time you took on a job in CAP... ;D

Good luck.  You took on a really big and exciting position.
And, of course, the corresponding raise in salary.

NIN

Quote from: JC004 on August 01, 2010, 07:03:23 AM
It takes up my netbook screen.   >:D

I was gonna say: "Not because of the rank, but because its just gawdawful.." <GRIN>

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

RVT

Just a suggestion, but landscape orientation works better for signature blocks, especially ones this impressive.

Mustang

Crikey, Leo; that's quite the rack!  :clap: 

Can't say as I can recall ever seeing anyone with more CAP ribbons.  Glad somebody finally showed up that upstart youth Phelka!  ;D
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

flyguy06

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on July 26, 2010, 06:20:07 PM
Quote from: N Harmon on July 26, 2010, 04:57:45 PM
Why do you want to know?

Because Mike Saile and I were cadet officers together.
But is this the proper forum for such a discussion?

flyguy06

I dont think its about being secretive. I think its like what as said earlier. Those who need to know (the LIWG) members know. People like me (in GAWG) its not my business so I dont need to know. Too many nosey people onthis board. Thats why I dont come here anymore. I got more important issues to worry about

Rotorhead

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 01, 2010, 03:30:18 PM
I dont think its about being secretive. I think its like what as said earlier. Those who need to know (the LIWG) members know. People like me (in GAWG) its not my business so I dont need to know. Too many nosey people onthis board. Thats why I dont come here anymore. I got more important issues to worry about
Except that you ARE here, or you wouldn't have been able to post this.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Eclipse

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 01, 2010, 03:30:18 PM

Actually, the internal personnel issues of a respective wing may not concern members outside that wing, but who the Wing CC certainly does, at least in as much as they are all board members and their votes effect all of us.

"That Others May Zoom"

Trung Si Ma

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 01, 2010, 03:26:56 PM
Quote from: Trung Si Ma on July 26, 2010, 06:20:07 PM
Quote from: N Harmon on July 26, 2010, 04:57:45 PM
Why do you want to know?

Because Mike Saile and I were cadet officers together.
But is this the proper forum for such a discussion?

Since it got me a PM with the story, I'd have to say yes, it is.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

LeoBurke

Quote from: Mustang on August 01, 2010, 02:37:58 PM

Can't say as I can recall ever seeing anyone with more CAP ribbons.  Glad somebody finally showed up that upstart youth Phelka!  ;D

Thanks Mustang -

Colonel Phelka's rack is impressive.  After I saw his I went to Vanguard and ordered one of each of the pretty ones - in order to catch up.   :angel:

As far as that NIN character's comments....   I'll consider the source. 
Leo Burke, Michigan

/\/\/\   The Spaatz award is over-rated.  Get yours and prove it.  It's Half the
\/\/\/   Mitchell, Half the Earhart, write a paragraph and run around the block!

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: LeoBurke on August 02, 2010, 04:10:08 AM
Quote from: Mustang on August 01, 2010, 02:37:58 PM

Thanks Mustang -

Colonel Phelka's rack is impressive.  After I saw his I went to Vanguard and ordered one of each of the pretty ones - in order to catch up.   :angel:

Sir,  if you need that signature redone length-wise, I'm willing to do it for you. :)

SarDragon

What, are you moving to MIWG, and need the suck-up points?  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CadetProgramGuy

Man on Man, a Wing Commander sticks his head into a thread, and all of a sudden members are falling over themselves........

:-)

NIN

Quote from: LeoBurke on August 02, 2010, 04:10:08 AM

Heh. Yeah. The source is questionable, at best.  We can both agree on that.   ::)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JC004

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on August 02, 2010, 05:58:05 AM
Man on Man, a Wing Commander sticks his head into a thread, and all of a sudden members are falling over themselves........

:-)

Most I've known to be here do it all secret-like.  I hadn't realized some of the people I was talking to over time were current, then-current, or otherwise former NB members until some PMs and such with said folks.  Some are just CAPTalk members first, then NB folk.  It's a shame.  With a couple of exceptions, I wouldn't wish becoming a NB member on CAPTalk people.   >:D

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SarDragon on August 02, 2010, 05:54:46 AM

Nah, but that's an impressive assortment of awards/achievements that should be displayed the long way. Lol.

I've received an email with artwork today, so Ill get working on it after work.

Though that's not to say that one day the little bit of Photoshop work might pay off in a handshake or something down the line.

Mustang

Okay everybody, the clock's ticking: you have exactly 6 months to get anything useful done under Col Burke's command.  After he goes to the wing king charm school (read: NHQ brainwashing session), all bets are off.  >:D
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

LeoBurke

Quote from: SarDragon on August 02, 2010, 05:54:46 AM

I think he did a SWEET job fixing this.  And if he does move to MIWG, we'll get him 1LT within six months!  Guaranteed!
Leo Burke, Michigan

/\/\/\   The Spaatz award is over-rated.  Get yours and prove it.  It's Half the
\/\/\/   Mitchell, Half the Earhart, write a paragraph and run around the block!

CadetProgramGuy

get a "job" and he'll move you up to 1LT in a year or so after that.........

DakRadz

Okay, this is just ridiculous. >:D

I was bored, so I started using militarysignatures.com to build up Col Burke's mass of achievements (;D). Then I started realizing that I couldn't figure the system out for all the attachments he has.. And only six badges allowed. All in all, USAFaux2004 did a much better job on this than I could.

P.S.- School starts tomorrow, so I won't be this bored for the next 10 months or so  :-[ 8)