Main Menu

Michigan Wing Status?

Started by CAPOfficer, July 26, 2010, 04:01:28 PM

CAPOfficer

It's been two months since the entire Michigan Wing Command Section was relieved (suppended), has there been any additional information on the outcome or cause?  The rumor mill has it that a new commander has been selected.

N Harmon

NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Short Field

Why is it secret and why do you normally see press releases announcing new Wing Commanders?  CAPOfficer asked a question I would expect most Michigan Wing members would be asking.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

davidsinn

If I were a member of that wing I would be interested.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NIN

I haven't been a member of MI Wing since 1998 and even I know whats going on....
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Trung Si Ma

Quote from: N Harmon on July 26, 2010, 04:57:45 PM
Why do you want to know?

Because Mike Saile and I were cadet officers together.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

Walkman

I'm new to MIWG and I'm clueless. I saw on facebook that Lancer posted about a new wingking, but I know of no backstory...

NIN

Quote from: Walkman on July 26, 2010, 07:10:40 PM
I'm new to MIWG and I'm clueless. I saw on facebook that Lancer posted about a new wingking, but I know of no backstory...

Suffice to say, you have a new wing commander as of next week.   Thats all it really needs to be.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

DakRadz

Quote from: NIN on July 26, 2010, 07:11:58 PM

Suffice to say, you have a new wing commander as of next week.   Thats all it really needs to be.

Personally, I'd want to at least know what the name of my Wing King (or in my case Queen) is, just like many people tend to follow who their governor is... Or President... Or National Commander. Because they kind of have power over you, and it's good to know who the leaders are, for multitudes of reasons.

NIN

Quote from: DakRadz on July 26, 2010, 07:16:33 PM
Personally, I'd want to at least know what the name of my Wing King (or in my case Queen) is, just like many people tend to follow who their governor is... Or President... Or National Commander. Because they kind of have power over you, and it's good to know who the leaders are, for multitudes of reasons.

IIRC (and I'm 800 miles removed), the new wing commander was announced to the wing, with his change of command coming up this weekend (and a commander's meeting after that).

WIWAC, names changed on the "required knowledge" sheet all the time, and strangely, nobody ever really took the time to seek me out and tell me personally "Darin, we have a new Region Commander. His name is Russ Sheibels, and he just wanted you to know, mano-a-mano, that he was the new boss.."   ;D

I believe a wing-wide email went out, but I could be wrong.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

DakRadz

You mean no one was politicking for the Region Commander??? Imagine that!  ::)

I was more referring to the:

Quote from: NIN on July 26, 2010, 07:11:58 PM
Suffice to say, you have a new wing commander as of next week.  Thats all it really needs to be.

And yes, I know you were addressing the fact that she said she hadn't heard backstory (gossip), but I thought I'd pipe in that New Wing Commander + Name= All it *really* needs to be. ;D

N Harmon

Quote from: Short Field on July 26, 2010, 05:37:49 PMCAPOfficer asked a question I would expect most Michigan Wing members would be asking.

Most Michigan Wing members are on the wing mailing list and have already been told who the new wing commander will be. Those who are not would likely have heard at their regular meeting. The very few who aren't on the mailing list, or don't attend meetings, I would not expect to care very much.

Further, most anybody who are close enough to the affected staffers to be Facebook friends know the additional information. Those who are not, I would not expect to care very much.

Simply put: If you needed to know, or really cared to know, you probably would already. I asked "why do you want to know" as my way of avoiding engaging in scuttlebutt.

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on July 26, 2010, 06:20:07 PM
Because Mike Saile and I were cadet officers together.

PM sent.

PM sent. 

(Since the new Wing CC has not been announced in any public channels I could find, I'm not going to be the first to post it publicly).
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Trung Si Ma

Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

Mustang

WAYYY too much "I've got a secret" going on in this thread.  If it's been announced, it's public.  And it's been announced.

Lt Col Leo Burke was selected to be the next MIWG/CC and will assume command next week.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

DakRadz

OPSEC!!!!!

>:D
Well, that cat's outta the bag. Moving on to the next uniform thread order of business.

EMT-83

What exactly does the name of the new Wing CC have to do with Operational Security?

I can understand that any personnel matters relating to members being suspended would not be made pubic, but the new wing king? Are we waiting for the next of kin to be notified?

DakRadz

I, for one, was joking ;D

But given the atmosphere of this thread with the secretive nature (as Mustang pointed out), OPSEC seemed like a good, joking remark.

YMMV

If YMDV (your mileage does vary), I'll still be chuckling anyway. Night :D

LeoBurke

Quote from: Mustang on July 27, 2010, 02:48:06 AM
WAYYY too much "I've got a secret" going on in this thread.  If it's been announced, it's public.  And it's been announced.

Lt Col Leo Burke was selected to be the next MIWG/CC and will assume command next week.

I heard the new guy is a really nice guy who is willing to talk to everyone and anyone - at length. 

The Michigan Wing Announcement was made about three weeks ago.  Applications were processed and in-person interviews were held at the MIWG HQ, by 2 Wing CCs and a Region Vice CC.  It was announced the day the Region CC made his selection. 

If you're in Michigan and have questions, drop a note.

Leo Burke, Colonel, CAP
Commander
Michigan Wing
Leo Burke, Michigan

/\/\/\   The Spaatz award is over-rated.  Get yours and prove it.  It's Half the
\/\/\/   Mitchell, Half the Earhart, write a paragraph and run around the block!

LeoBurke

OK and I just realized I gotta fix that sig block.
Leo Burke, Michigan

/\/\/\   The Spaatz award is over-rated.  Get yours and prove it.  It's Half the
\/\/\/   Mitchell, Half the Earhart, write a paragraph and run around the block!

JC004

Quote from: LeoBurke on August 01, 2010, 02:49:53 AM
OK and I just realized I gotta fix that sig block.

It takes up my netbook screen.   >:D