Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2017, 02:58:07 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: AAFES price list
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Print
Author Topic: AAFES price list  (Read 25969 times)
ElectricPenguin
Suspended

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 12:59:49 AM »

The overcoat is M204A not b. B is the all weather coat.

Edit: I think. It says so in the picture of it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:03:58 AM by ElectricPenguin » Logged
oak2007
Recruit

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 11:14:47 AM »

Here is another site I found to be less expensive

http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-usaf-mess-dress-officer-uniform-11745.aspx
SAR Geek
Recruit

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 11:30:46 PM »

Here is another site I found to be less expensive

http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-usaf-mess-dress-officer-uniform-11745.aspx

oak2007, what item is it that you have been getting from them at a lower price? looking over the website it appears that all of the prices are a lot higher than the ones listed earlier in this post.

Respectfully,

Chris
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 11:48:38 PM »

Considering that there's an eight month gap in posts, anything's possible.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
JC004
[Insert Cool Title Here]
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »

Would someone with current online AAFES access be willing to help with an updated price list?  I can give you a quick way to do it, so you don't have to type them all up. 

This information is very useful and can save members A LOT of money.
wacapgh
Forum Regular

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 03:51:51 PM »

Would someone with current online AAFES access be willing to help with an updated price list?  I can give you a quick way to do it, so you don't have to type them all up. 

This information is very useful and can save members A LOT of money.

+1

I'm working on my "residence" lesson plans for the new Level 1, and I was putting together a cost comparison "Corporate vs. USAF". There's about a $200 difference between the old AAFES prices posted at the top and what is currently shown at u-4u.
SAREXinNY
Forum Regular

Unit: NER-NY

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2013, 10:18:18 PM »

What do you mean by "current online AAFES access"?  I'm able to see prices for items without logging in.
JC004
[Insert Cool Title Here]
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »

I didn't see that the catalog is accessible openly now.  The items say "Authorized military customers: Add to cart to view Exchange price."  What's the deal with being able to see the Exchange price, then?
SAREXinNY
Forum Regular

Unit: NER-NY

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »

What items are you not able to view prices for?  Anything in the USAF uniforms area has a price listed on my end.
a2capt
300,000th Post Author
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: pǝʇɹǝʌuı

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 10:46:32 PM »

The military uniform prices have been visible for a while, the rest of the stuff isn't.
The prices visible jive with a visit to an Exchange last weekend.
JC004
[Insert Cool Title Here]
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 11:05:34 PM »

They have A price, then they have that notice below it.  So what does it mean?  Anybody know?  Very strange that it'd be like "here's a price....now log in to see the price for authorized people."  Maybe we can just do quick links if all the prices are the same - a cheat sheet kind of thing.
Grumpy

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 01:02:50 AM »

I am on a budget like just about eveyone these days, so i was looking for a nice pair of dress shoes, and found my local uniform shop has a real nice pair that our FD uses for there class A. So I got a leather pair and a high gloss. you can check with yours to see if you can save money and get a nice looking shoe. but your list is nice... :clap:

Quartermaster has the high gloss uniform shoes for $29.00.  They were on sale this past week for $18.00.  I have several people who have them and they say they're great.

wacapgh
Forum Regular

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »

- EDIT-
The prices visible jive with a visit to an Exchange last weekend.

Close enough for general "Buy on the Base vs. Buy over the Internet" figures.

Thanks!
Grumpy

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 01:20:38 PM »

They have A price, then they have that notice below it.  So what does it mean?  Anybody know?  Very strange that it'd be like "here's a price....now log in to see the price for authorized people."  Maybe we can just do quick links if all the prices are the same - a cheat sheet kind of thing.

If you go into Clothing Sales be sure to check the prices.  They have a brand name short sleeve shirt (DS CP) that goes for $30 to $35 dollars and then they have one that I call the plain wrapper version that goes for around $17.00.  The difference is in the material blend but for what we do, the $17.00 works great for me.
AlphaSigOU

Unit: PCR-NV-069

The Kwaj Drafter!
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »

If you go into Clothing Sales be sure to check the prices.  They have a brand name short sleeve shirt (DS CP) that goes for $30 to $35 dollars and then they have one that I call the plain wrapper version that goes for around $17.00.  The difference is in the material blend but for what we do, the $17.00 works great for me.

Actually DSCP is the military issue shirt (shade 1550 polyester/cotton). (Defense Service Center Philadelphia, made from UNICOR prison labor); The commercial grade polyester/wool shirt (shade 1582) is almost twice as much as DSCP issue and is dry clean only. The DSCP shirt is wash and wear. Propper used to make the poly/wool shirt; don't know who does it now.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040
Grumpy

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »

Look at that, 50/50 chance and I blew the brand :-\
SARDOC

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 10:09:29 PM »

If this is going to be a pinned post, is there anyway we can get a more current price list?
BuckeyeDEJ

Unit: GLR-001

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2017, 12:24:47 AM »

I'm with SARDOC. No way are those prices right my jaw dropped when I saw some of them, knowing the MacDill MCSS's prices are at least $20 higher on shirts.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group and wing PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member, at region level now
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now in marketing.
abdsp51

Unit: Classified

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2017, 11:32:29 AM »

Are you guys offering to put the time and effort into compiling the list?
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »

Frankly, does it even matter at this point? The only reason this, the catalogs, and the
instructions were needed was to allow members to place orders via the relatively convuluted process
that was available at the time.

AAFES isn't even an option for CAP members any more, and those who have access via
some other affiliation can use the search function for the prices.

If you're in the small group that has an MCSS available, then the items and prices are
in front of you, and if you aren't, it's irrelevant.

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does." - Napoleon Hill.
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: AAFES price list