Main Menu

Cloth ASNP Ideas

Started by Eagle400, May 09, 2010, 01:59:35 AM

shorning

Quote from: CCSE on May 14, 2010, 02:51:06 AM
:clap:

We've been down this road before with you.  I'll remind you:

Quote from: CCSE on June 07, 2008, 08:42:29 PM
Out of this respect and high regard, I will stop being fixated on CAPTalk (and other such sites), and start moving on with my life.

Therefore, I will not contribute to CAPTalk until I return to service in CAP.

Don't remember that?  Review your PMs...

shorning

Quote from: Short Field on May 14, 2010, 03:16:57 AM
Quote from: shorning on May 14, 2010, 03:07:58 AM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on May 14, 2010, 02:26:51 AM
The members can't come to a consensus, so what does it matter?

Ah...apathy...
Or more important things to do with our time - like watching ink dry...

::)

SarDragon

I much prefer watching cotton shrink.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eagle400

Quote from: shorning on May 14, 2010, 03:19:12 AM
Quote from: CCSE on May 14, 2010, 02:51:06 AM
:clap:

We've been down this road before with you.  I'll remind you:

Quote from: CCSE on June 07, 2008, 08:42:29 PM
Out of this respect and high regard, I will stop being fixated on CAPTalk (and other such sites), and start moving on with my life.

Therefore, I will not contribute to CAPTalk until I return to service in CAP.

Don't remember that?  Review your PMs...

I lied.

Bad memory, but that's no excuse. 

Frankly Sir, I now have even more of a reason to get back in.

And just for the record: I have nothing against you Lt Col (Col?) Horning.  Never did in the first place.   

If you'd like to take me to town, then please by all means send a PM, Sir. 

Thank You Kindly. 

shorning

Quote from: CCSE on May 14, 2010, 06:42:39 AM
If you'd like to take me to town, then please by all means send a PM, Sir. 

No.

Quote from: CCSE on May 14, 2010, 06:42:39 AM
I lied.

That says it all... :clap:

Mustang

Quote from: arajca on May 13, 2010, 08:48:29 PM
* digging out nomex undies*

First and foremost - wearing the cloth ASNP is OPTIONAL. The black leather would remain authorized.

Apply some rhyme and reason:

Each region is assigned a border color
Each wing within that region is assigned the background color

National gets the gold border.

Say RMR gets silver.
CO gets red background
UT gets green
WY gets black
MT gets blue
ID gets yellow

etc.
How 'bout leaving it up to squadrons to choose their own colors and designs -- you know, like how the AIR FORCE does it?  In the AF, nametag colors are generally the dominant colors from a unit's official patch.  No reason to be heavy-handed over this and force sucky pre-approved designs/colors down everyone's throat, though I know most NB'ers and NHQ won't be able to resist.

Then there's the whole "how can this be rigged so that CAP gets money from every nametag made"/Vanguard exclusive supplier issue...
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Strick

They should create a game where you command your own wing, create uniforms, get elected to the NB, AND CONDUCT SAR...CAP KOMMAND ;D
[darn]atio memoriae

PhoenixRisen

If this were to happen, wouldn't it be simpler and more uniform (that's what this is, right?) to make it similar to the red-white-blue of the command patch for all members?  If you want a variation, I'd stick with it differing at the wing level.

Compared to the Air Force, we're a small organization to begin with.  The amount of people in CAP that wear flight suits, compared to the number in the Air Force that wear 'em is quite different.  By allowing our squadron-level units to make their own, it would just get way, way out of hand,  IMO.

Quote from: Strick on May 14, 2010, 03:09:26 PM
They should create a game where you command your own wing, create uniforms, get elected to the NB, AND CONDUCT SAR...CAP KOMMAND ;D

Can I get a third star, instead of only two?!

flyboy53

OK, I like the first two, but I would rather we do away with the plastic rank insignia. This new stuff from Vanguard just doesn't cut it anymore.

What's the chances of using the same cloth rank insignia from the blue flight suits on the green ones...or how about colored rank on sage green like the Air Force used to use?

SJFedor

Quote from: flyboy1 on May 14, 2010, 10:17:31 PM
OK, I like the first two, but I would rather we do away with the plastic rank insignia. This new stuff from Vanguard just doesn't cut it anymore.

What's the chances of using the same cloth rank insignia from the blue flight suits on the green ones...or how about colored rank on sage green like the Air Force used to use?

Your best bet is to wish in one hand, doody in the other, and you'll see which one fills up first.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

PhotogPilot

I must have missed something. Has there been a revision to 39-1, or an ICL. Last I checked, leather was the only authorized aircrew nameplate for flightsuits, cloth was a non-starter. If I'm right, why are we having this discussion? If I'm wrong, can someone please cite a reg or ICL?

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: PhotogPilot on May 16, 2010, 05:28:15 AM
I must have missed something. Has there been a revision to 39-1, or an ICL. Last I checked, leather was the only authorized aircrew nameplate for flightsuits, cloth was a non-starter. If I'm right, why are we having this discussion? If I'm wrong, can someone please cite a reg or ICL?

As the name of the thread suggests, they're only ideas.  Why are we having this discussion?  Welcome to the CAPTalk Uniform Section.

Eagle400

You know,

I am glad the problem solvers here outnumber the nit-pickers 3:1.  This brings me comfort.  Thank You. 

Now then...

Would CAP/USAF ever approve any of the designs I've proposed? 

IIRC, efforts were made to find one ASNP for everyone to wear... But no team at National reached a consensus, as to which one would be used. 

RUMINT has it, that CAP/USAF would be fine with one design for all members... so long as it's distinctive enough.

But I'm not sure of that.  Anyone know?   

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: CCSE on May 16, 2010, 05:46:30 AM
Would CAP/USAF ever approve any of the designs I've proposed? 

I don't know about CAP/USAF's thoughts, but I woudn't care for any of them (no offense to the designs).  But with their added logos or seals, I would assume it would make the prices skyrocket for members (and as someone pointed out previously, it wouldn't look right, as it would be too small).  I'd stick with either (1) a single color scheme for all of CAP (most likely based off of the red-white-blue of the MAJCOM) or (2) let wings have their own colors, most likely based off of their wing patches.

YMMV.  JMO.

Eagle400

Quote from: shorning on May 14, 2010, 02:23:21 AM
Why are non-members telling us what we should do with our uniforms??? ???

I would PM you colonel, but that function's been disabled. 

Look: I'm 24 years old; have almost died 3 times; have a medical file 5 times as thick as the old cadet one; I've got ulcerative colitis, seasonal affective disorder, cyclothymia, dysthimia, and a touch of bipolar in addition. 

And I've been to the West Bank (Bethlehem), with nothing more than a pen, pad of paper, and some friends just as scared as me.  That's right Sir: No kevlar, no ballistic helmet, no body armor... And certainly no weapon. 

We've both seen the face of our enemy, and can agree it is evil.  So why on earth are you attacking me publicly, Sir?

As stated before... Please attack me via PM, not out in the open.  Remember praise in public, criticize in private?

Now, back to the topic...

I presented these designs with a neutral stance.  I just want to learn what others think about them, and inspire folks to run with them and edit as appropriate.  (The ASNP designs are yours to keep, by the way).  Perhaps someone with more creativity can make them look better than I have.

Regarding the production of said designs, and budgetary restraints... I didn't say they should be approved right away, or ever.  Just simply posted them, with a neutral stance.     

Mustang

I'd prefer to see something like this:

[smg id=165]
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Fuzzy

Quote from: Mustang on May 16, 2010, 08:34:36 AM

[smg id=165]

Thats pretty kool. No joke.
C/Capt Semko

whatevah

Quote from: CCSE on May 16, 2010, 07:10:51 AM
Uh, Mods... What started as a double post became a triple one in less than 2 minutes.  It seems as though the 'Modify Post' function is spazzing out.   

Any idea why?  This is the first time that's happened to me.
Because you clicked on Quote, instead of Modify.  It's not that hard to figure out.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Eagle400

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Fuzzy on May 16, 2010, 11:03:24 AM
Quote from: Mustang on May 16, 2010, 08:34:36 AM

[smg id=165]

Thats pretty kool. No joke.

Seconded.  It looks good, and kind of AF-ish, but couldn't be mistaken for anything but CAP.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011