Encampment T-shirt design

Started by BreakSilence, April 12, 2010, 07:46:39 AM

BreakSilence

Hello everyone, I was selected to be Hawaii Wing's summer encampment cadet commander.  The tradition is that whoever gets cadet commander is the one who makes the design for that year's encampment t-shirt.  I'm not too artistically inclined, so anyone want to throw me some ideas?

MIKE

Black shirt with small "not to exceed 5 inches in diameter" HIWG patch or CAP MAJCOM shield or other similar style appropriate emblem on left chest. (In color if you can swing it.) With Hawaii Wing Encampment 2010 or similar written underneath.

Simple, looks good, and more importantly you can actually wear it in uniform.
Mike Johnston

N Harmon

:clap:

Okay, joking aside, Mike's suggestion is what I would go with.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Eclipse

+ another on black shirt with white breast insignia.

Its always nice to give the participants something they can continue to wear with their uniform outside the encampment.

Owing to the climate here we give each participant one short sleeve and one long sleeve shirt each.

The Hap Arnold logo around the CAP shield, with some indication of where / when the activity takes places is a popular design and
simple to put together.

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

I like the above ideas but would add a 5 inch high "CAP" to the rear in white. This really stands out when on a disaster relief work detail filling sandbags etc. It also makes it a realy neat PT shirt
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Eclipse

Not a bad idea - but it can increase the cost of the shirt by 30-50% depending on your vendor.

I wanted to use retro-reflective ink like on USAF PT shirts - same thing, nearly double the price.

This is what ours have looked like since 2005:

"That Others May Zoom"

Slim

Our logo for the last 5-6 years, only it's screened in white on a black t-shirt, that's actually about the real size.  The only difference is that the year is at the bottom on a separate line.  It's a separate screen, so we don't have to change the entire thing (and pay the artwork fee) every year.

Slim

SarDragon

And I wear mine every chance I get!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

smitjud

The past 3 AL/MSWG Encampments we have provided both an ash grey t-shirt and a black t-shirt to all participants. 

The grey shirt had "Civil Air Patrol" in arched letters on the front - similar to the "official" CAP PT shirt sold by Vanguard.  However, ours was done in silver reflective ink and outlined in blue (and for less $) and had our encampment crest/year on the back, also in silver reflective ink and blue. These were worn for PT only, and were pretty snazzy if I do say so myself.

The black shirt simply had the crest on the left front breast (also in silver reflective ink) and staff members were notated with staff on the back in silver reflective ink.

You can view more pictures in the gallery on www.almsencampment.com

As far as artwork is concerned, you can see the crest on our coin or view the attachment:

My best advice is to keep is simple, just as others have said above.  The simpler and less busy a design is, the more professional it will look.  I like Slim's design a lot and I think the concept would work well with the Hawaiian Islands and your encampment crest if you have one.  Good luck!

JUSTIN D. SMITH, Maj, CAP
ALWG

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower