Main Menu

PJOC Help

Started by Airrace, April 07, 2010, 01:06:13 PM

Airrace

My son has been accepted as a primary candidate into the  Air Force Pararescue Orientation Course  (PJOC) and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to get him a trainer that has military experience. He is in great physical shape works out twice a day for baseball and football weight training. I am concerned about him doing the push ups, pull ups correctly as the Air Force wants them done. We also live at sea level and I have been told the training is at a higher elevation so any help in that area would be great. Any help would be appreciated.

Nathan

Until someone else who's actually been to the activity responds, here's a link that have helped a couple of cadets our squadron has sent to the activity. I don't think there's any ban against posting CS articles here...

http://www.cadetstuff.org/archives/000371.html#000371
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

lordmonar

One of my cadets went last year.

It sounds like your son is good to go.

The USAF will correct any wrong PT on the spot....it's not like they are going to shoot him if he is doing them incorrectly.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Ned

Most of PJOC is spent in the field, thus most of the PT is done under field conditions - pushups in a grassy area; running along a firebreak mountain trail, etc.

While it is closely supervised by USAF personnel (and monitored by CAP senior members), I haven't seen anybody pull out a ruler or a stop watch.  It's more about the effort involved than precise form.

It sounds like your son is adequately prepared, and as long as he gives it his best effort he will be fine. 

(And have a blast!)

Ned Lee
National Cadet Advisor
(Cool job, crummy job title)

DC

I know several cadets who have gone and were in 'decent' shape, and from an area at sea level, and they did fine. As long as he is motivated to succeed he should be all set.