Started by AALTIS, July 30, 2012, 09:22:36 PM

AALTIS

Alan Altis, Captain
EMT/ B
MO Wing Group I
Emergency Services &
Communications Officer

Garibaldi

That's the same pack I have, except black and without the heavy duty straps.

Red MOLLE pack...fits on my back.. Let's have a SAREX!!!! Proceed to SAREX!!!!!!

sorry. :-[
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

krnlpanick

Looks just like my assault pack, except mine is 'the digitals'
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

Eclipse

Nice.  One of the first ones I've actually seen in red.  Seems perfect.  If I wasn't already flush with gear I might get one myself.
Would make an interesting EDC notebook bag, but it's a little too big for that.

Will certainly get attention.

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

That's a nice pack (too bad I already spent my birthday money...  :( ). What I'm really looking for is an affordable MOLLE vest in red, orange or another ANSI color.

winterg

I have this exact pack in coyote brown that I carry every day to work and wherever. I love this pack. It is compact and pretty versatile for a small pack.

A few notes for anyone considering it. First, it is very narrow. A regular size laptop will not fit in it. It just barely accommodates my HP netbook. Secondly, the molle attachments are great. They just don't seem to be where you need them. The sides will only accommodate a tall and narrow pouch like water bottles or mag pouches. I think there is a dump pouch that works as well.

Second, if you put any pouches on the rear where the majority of the attachments are located it brings the pack's center of gravity too far from your body. A major issue for anyone who has worn a pack for extended periods of time.

One of the first things I did was remove the tons of extra straps. I'm not HALO jumping in the thing! Stripped down it makes a pretty handy day pack. I'd recommend it for that.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

winterg

I didn't notice the price tag! Yikes! That is unacceptable. I got mine at the local LE / security store for just under $50. A much more reasonable price for the same pack.

The red material used in that one must be from some rare, endangered creature.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: winterg on July 31, 2012, 04:39:50 AM
I didn't notice the price tag! Yikes! That is unacceptable. I got mine at the local LE / security store for just under $50. A much more reasonable price for the same pack.

The red material used in that one must be from some rare, endangered creature.

Streichers?

winterg

No. It's a local shop called Signal 15.

Edit for Sarkid. I can see where you would think I meant Streichers if you didn't know that I don't live in Wisconsin anymore and moved to Florida. ;)

Eclipse

Quote from: Walkman on July 31, 2012, 04:26:10 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 31, 2012, 04:12:13 AM
http://theopsdeck.com/PLATE%20CARRIERS/PROD%20-%20VT%20FI%20MPC.red.htm

Sorry, but $110 is still within the same unaffordable range as the other options.

I wouldn't spend that much either, but the colored molle stuff is hard to come by.  I'd be willing to be that if you spent some
time you could find it cheaper.   I couldn't even find the manufacturer from the one site that had it.

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: winterg on July 31, 2012, 06:34:47 AM

Edit for Sarkid. I can see where you would think I meant Streichers if you didn't know that I don't live in Wisconsin anymore and moved to Florida. ;)

Abandoned ship, huh?  :)

AALTIS

Now that I have heard from some of you that have the same pack, I think that I will order one.  It should work great for a day pack. 

Thanks for the info guys!  I'll let you know what I think when I get it.
Alan Altis, Captain
EMT/ B
MO Wing Group I
Emergency Services &
Communications Officer

Garibaldi

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on July 31, 2012, 05:22:17 PM
Quote from: winterg on July 31, 2012, 06:34:47 AM

Abandoned ship, huh?  :)

As did I. I enjoyed my time in WIWG for the 6 years I was there. Made some pretty good working relationships. Mitchell Comp 9, Mickey 5, and 12th Senior Support.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

AALTIS

I got my new pack in the other day.  Not bad for the cost.  I seems to be well constructed.  I hope to have time this week to transfer the contents from the old pack to the new.
Alan Altis, Captain
EMT/ B
MO Wing Group I
Emergency Services &
Communications Officer