2008 New York Wing Encampment

Started by Ronnel Llama Alfred, 1st Lt, C.A.P., July 27, 2008, 10:18:05 PM

Ronnel Llama Alfred, 1st Lt, C.A.P.

I Just came home from the 2008 New York Wing Encampment. I don't think i have ever seen a better group of dedicated professionals the cadet staff was on point and kept the in-flight (IFC's) cadets sharp and well informed.The  IFC's where motivated. And the senior staff had just as much fun as the cadets did. The middle of the week traditionally known as "hump" day was very challenging. More challenging that normal in my opinion. Due to the extent of rain we had as well as some other issues that where quickly taken care of. But the cadet commander took it all in stride and was able to keep the cadets calm cool and collected but most of all MOTIVATED. I was the Charlie flight tac officer for this encampment. My assigned cadet staff members "in my opinion" where perfect. I had no problems with them what so ever. They taught me how to be a better mentor to cadets and I hope that I taught them somethings as well. My favorite day had to be the staff social we gave each other "gag Gift" I got my srgt a pair of model air planes and I got my commander a Wall-E teddy bear. I also got the comms O.I.C. a little army play set. My self and the P.A.O. Mentor where un-officially dubbed the "Coolest Senior Members in C.A.P." and I where that title proudly. So for all you 2008 New York Wing Encampment Staff members remember If you go to Allegheny County remember to bring your C.C.R.T. and your Sheep. And maybe some Sour Dough.

If you went to the encampment leave a note.