Task Guide Format

Started by RiverAux, August 23, 2008, 03:04:33 AM

DNall

Quote from: RiverAux on August 26, 2008, 04:03:53 AM
Some of the tasks definetely need another look  -- the first aid ones are HORRIBLE.  But I think overall that at least the GT guide is pretty good.  The Mission Base Staff guide .... I'm not a big fan of it.  Frankly, I haven't spent much time in the Aircrew TG as I moved away from ES training slots before it really came out.

As to a mentor, that is partly the job of the squadron ES officer or one of his assistants.  They should be guiding everyone's ES training and walking them through the steps.  Heck, they can even have an assistant focused primarily on SAR training.  If we can't get those positions functioning, no mentoring system is going to go very far. 

Okay, but then you're talking about someone who may not themselves hold the rating that's being trained. They can't then evaluate if the total package meets the overall standard of competence to do that job unsupervised or not. I'm talking more like a master rater or something like that.

CAP Producer

Quote from: stratoflyer on August 26, 2008, 11:15:16 PM
Well, then, who has a camcorder and an ES expert at their unit?

All it would take is one short video on a couple of tasks. This would be a proof of concept where we could go ahead and suggest things. Hopefully, different wings would add different things. Example would be snow ops, or ops in the Everglades (our case here).

Actually it would take alot more than that LT.

Producing a good video is a process, and if done correctly an involved process.

There are things in the works to help such as videos. But these will take time before they reach you in the field.

Be patient and if you have ideas don't forget to use your chain of command.
AL PABON, Major, CAP