Oklahoma wing Encampment???

Started by ranger0305, February 22, 2015, 03:36:16 AM

ranger0305

Hey, everyone i was wondering what you could tell me about the Oklahoma wing encampment. One of my squadron mates who's been there told me that it was terrible, and that if you don't know the right people they ignore you pretty much. I was simply wondering if it was terrible? If it truly is bad i may just try for the Texas encampment which i here is awesome.

Thank You in advance.
"IT'S BETTER TO DIE FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING, THAN TO LIVE FOR NOTHING." 

C/MSgt
GTM3
MRO*
FLM*

Huey Driver

I've heard it's OK...

So this is your first encampment? I wouldn't be concerned about "knowing the right people or being ignored"... as a basic student, you're a member of the flight. It is the responsibility of your staff that no cadet gets overlooked, gets special privilege, or has to know "the right people." You are a student. In fact, perhaps you don't want to know the staff. Although everyone is held to the same standard, if you know a staff member, their expectations of excellence for you are likely higher than those of your peers.

I don't know anyone who has been to Oklahoma Wing's encampment, but the photos on their Facebook page make it seem on-par with any other encampment I've been to, definitely not terrible. Everybody has their own opinions about encampment. Just because your flightmate said it's terrible, don't take their word for it. Go out there and see for yourself!

Quote from: ranger0305 on February 22, 2015, 03:36:16 AM
here hear
FTFY
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

ranger0305

Alright thanks I'll just go and if it's bad then I'll go to Texas next year.

Thank You.
"IT'S BETTER TO DIE FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING, THAN TO LIVE FOR NOTHING." 

C/MSgt
GTM3
MRO*
FLM*

CadetSnuffy

I haven't heard much about OK's encampment, but I would always recommend KS wing's winter encampment. Last year more than 20 wings were represented there. If you already have your basic encampment by then, please come as staff! Last year we had a blast, check out the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgtNNnbVlD8
http://www.kswg.cap.gov/cadet-programs/encampment
There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, then that one that has been to the moon.

TheGooseLover

hello ranger! Im A C/SrA Aswell From SWR-Ok-113. I Do realize its october, 3 months after encampment, but im going to post anyways! I attended this year as a C/Amn and i loved it! i dont know much about other encampments, but many cadet officers i kjow say that OK's encampment is the best around, and i trust them. if you did attend this year, send me a PM, id be intrested in talking to a fellow Oklahoman!
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113