Main Menu

SET Approval

Started by Luis R. Ramos, January 24, 2013, 08:32:16 PM

Luis R. Ramos

A few moments ago I went into the new SET module, and I keep getting the message of "not all requirements have been entered and/or obtained."

As expected, those quals I am in training are flagged. So are those I have not been a year yet. However for the ICUT spec I am not flagged, and they are green.

If I run the ICUT report, it still says I am an evaluator.

Or is it I am reading more on this than I should?

Will I be able to approve ICUT for others in my unit, and the message I am getting apply only to those specialties that are flagged?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

JeffDG

Quote from: flyer333555 on January 24, 2013, 08:32:16 PM
A few moments ago I went into the new SET module, and I keep getting the message of "not all requirements have been entered and/or obtained."

As expected, those quals I am in training are flagged. So are those I have not been a year yet. However for the ICUT spec I am not flagged, and they are green.

If I run the ICUT report, it still says I am an evaluator.

Or is it I am reading more on this than I should?

Will I be able to approve ICUT for others in my unit, and the message I am getting apply only to those specialties that are flagged?

Flyer
OK, just got a message on the DC mailing list about this.

Essentially, the 1 year requirement is being waived for ICUT.  Since nobody (except maybe some testers) have ICUT before August 20, 2012, nobody has 1 year with ICUT.

ICUT SET permissions should be submitted via the chain of command to the Wing DC for approval.

Eclipse

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=16766.msg303582#msg303582

The green flags only indicate eligibility, you won't be an SET until you are approved at the wing level.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on January 24, 2013, 09:10:33 PM
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=16766.msg303582#msg303582

The green flags only indicate eligibility, you won't be an ET until you are approved at the wing level.

ET phone wing...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Luis R. Ramos

I thought that was going to happen in Phase II, in April... After all, it says in the memo that "if you are able to approve at this time in Phase I you will still be able to do so" or similar words.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Eclipse

Quote from: flyer333555 on January 25, 2013, 01:03:16 PM
I thought that was going to happen in Phase II, in April... After all, it says in the memo that "if you are able to approve at this time in Phase I you will still be able to do so" or similar words.

Phase I will still allow any CAPID to be entered in the system while wings get their act together and enter their
approved SETs.   During Phase I, IDs entered which are not approved SETs will pop a warning message but
still allow the user to continue.

After April, only approved SETs' numbers can be entered, and there will be email validation back to that CAPID
as to whether a tasking was actually completed.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

The one year iCUT waiver is also indicated right in the module when you go to submit or approve
SETs.  One thing that may cause heartburn is that iCUT SETs have been held as the purview of
Comms, but the option to grant that is in the same list as the rest of the ES QUals. 

It's actually preventing me from using the "submit all eligible" button, because I don't want to step on
the Comm guys' toes.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

OK, I'm curious...

I currently hold two Wing jobs of ES Training Officer (until the DOS finds a replacement) and DC, so I'm not sure which one is giving me rights!

Do DCs have rights to approve SETs for ICUT?  Are ICUT SET appointments routed through Communications Officers at Unit and Group levels or ES Officers?  What about Communications Training Officers (which is who I would like dealing with it at Wing...I have full faith in my DCT)

Eclipse

I can do iCUT SET approvals as the ESO with no appointments anywhere in Comms, but you might actually be getting them from two directions.

From an exchange with one of the Comm people, it appears that perhaps they, or at least he, didn't have the ability to make the appointments himself.  He was licensing officer, though.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on January 25, 2013, 05:09:48 PMIt's actually preventing me from using the "submit all eligible" button, because I don't want to step on the Comm guys' toes.

I found a little "cheat" on this. If you click on "submit all eligible", but then click "cancel", it checks all the boxes and then you can uncheck iCUT and submit.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Some things I'm finding.

Stuff like TMP that doesn't expire, but is based on being an MP, should probably either be tied to the other qual, or removed from SET.

Other things like CERT, which is externally substantiated and has no SQTR, should also be removed and left to Commanders or ESOs, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

As one of the Comm guys in my unit, I do the practuical evaluations. Did one on a guy last night, and noticed the one year business on the Icut. I was still able to sign him off, though. I notified my unit commander that he needed to override the one year experience requirement for the three Comm guys. When I looked again this morning, it looked like NHQ may have done an override for all ICUTs. Or, our commander did an override for everyone in the unit. Dunno.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JeffDG

Quote from: SarDragon on January 25, 2013, 09:41:32 PM
As one of the Comm guys in my unit, I do the practuical evaluations. Did one on a guy last night, and noticed the one year business on the Icut. I was still able to sign him off, though. I notified my unit commander that he needed to override the one year experience requirement for the three Comm guys. When I looked again this morning, it looked like NHQ may have done an override for all ICUTs. Or, our commander did an override for everyone in the unit. Dunno.
NHQ did it for all ICUTs

Eclipse

The verbiage was changed at some point since yesterday to "One year check doesn't apply to ICUT."

Everyone I've hit that has an iCUT is showing as "three flags green".

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Wow!

Talk about inconsistency...

If I look for my SET qualification under Restricted, CAPID, I get flags for MRO and MSA, states I qualified Aug 12 and "initial qual Aug 12," in other words have not had those for a year. It flags me.

If I look for all SETs in my unit, it reports for me those specialties as current, but it says "initial qual as of Aug 05." It does not flag me.

Also on a 101 for a communicator that entered an ICUT practical for one of my cadets last Saturday, it does NOT show him with a diamond by his ICUT. So how come people are saying that "ICUT evaluators will have a diamond?" So how come that member was able to act as SET without having a diamond...?

Is it only if a wing has decided to designate SET evaluators, but wings that do not designate SETs, the diamond will not show, and those SETs will be able to evaluate?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Luis R. Ramos

I tested whether I was going to be prevented from entering tasks, I was able to submit task achievements for MRO, MSA, and ICUT for another member of my squadron despite flagging me for two of those.

I was also able to submit task completion an AOBD task for another member, one qual I have never held! Ops Qual never stopped me.

What is happening...?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

SarDragon

Quote from: flyer333555 on January 26, 2013, 06:10:28 AM
I tested whether I was going to be prevented from entering tasks, I was able to submit task achievements for MRO, MSA, and ICUT for another member of my squadron despite flagging me for two of those.

I sign some folks off Wednesday night while I was still flagged. There seems to be a transition period, and some grandfathering.

QuoteI was also able to submit task completion an AOBD task for another member, one qual I have never held! Ops Qual never stopped me.

What is happening...?

Flyer

Are you qual'd in anything above AOBD that includes it?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

No, my only quals are MSA, MRO, ICUT. IS 100, IS 200, IS 800. ICS 300.

I also have several trainee slots: FASCT, MSOT, LOT, CULT, PIOT, GTM3T.

I had GTM2, GTM1, GTL but these are expired now.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Eclipse

During phase 1 you can still enter anyone's number.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Eclipse, on a message above you state:

QuoteDuring Phase I, IDs entered which are not approved SETs will pop a warning message but still allow the user to continue.

When I entered that task for AOBD, I thought that warning would / should have popped up. Or is it supposed to pop up for those that have no SET at all, for anything? And those that are SET for one thing, will not get it, no matter what they are entering?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer